Help with virus

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by moon_of_london, Dec 8, 2008.

1. moon_of_london

moon_of_london MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
    I downloded a software amd the next day a found my computer gave me this message: you are running an very low disk space try to delete some file. I had about 7 GB free space before that, and I through 4 or 5 GB and soon after any delete I got the same message. i can't restore or even use the Internet Explorer to scan online or to download any new software, but the computer still opening normaly and can be used to play game or copy files etc. I use Kaspersky internet security 2009.
    Please help if you can

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #3 HMonk, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oddballracing

oddballracing MDL Junior Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I find the best combo for cleaning out malware is the following:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (newest release as required)
    Lavasoft Ad-Aware (SE 1.06, not 2007 or 2008)
    Symantec A/V Corporate 10.2 Client

BTW these take a long time if you've got a lot of data (My development machine takes 6 hours, i run them one at a time to avoid any possible conflicts)

Run Symantec First (Liveupdate the Full Scan), Then Ad-Aware (I Use Pro w/ Ad-Watch) update definitions and then full scan. Last update Malwarebytes defs/database, and then run a full scan. (malwarebytes usually catches whatever hijacks/trojans are left behind by Ad-Aware).

I am confident in this combo, as i just used it this week to remove Mirar and a couple other stragglers. May not remove all registry keys, but it will leave the bugs harmless (unregisters dlls and cleans Run/RunOnce keys from Registry). if you want you just do a final run through of the registry to remove cosmetic problems (IE Add-on/ Add/Remove Programs) but do this CAREFULLY! this is what separates Windows from linux.

Works for me, it's what i use on my network & associated laptops. I also use the same package for clients' networks and recommend to those who ask.

OddBall_Racing

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...