Help with WIM Files-JeJin DISM pgm

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by byghtn3, Dec 2, 2009.

1. byghtn3

byghtn3 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hello,
    I just received a SONY W7 upgrade disk intended to upgrade a vista SONY laptop.

I have tried to use JeJin's DISM program but can not figure out how to use it. I tried installing on an XP machine but this was no good, then I tried installing on W7 machine, but I am still not getting the results I think I should be getting. I am trying to open and examine the .wim files on this SONY disk.

1. Is there a users guide or step-by-step guide to use the JeJin DISM pgm? Maybe someone here can just tell me the basic theory and flow of the program that just is not obvious to me.

2. If this turns out to be a standard retail upgrade disk, can I install it anywhere? meaning on something other than SONY? Will it look for a SONY SLIC 2.0 before installing. I guess I could try anywhere, but I don't want to waste an install/activation just trying things.

Thanks,
    Byghtn

2. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    If you are that concern and the "waste to install/activated" Just get a copy of a un-touch copy of Ultimate and get one of the OEM key.

I could never figured out how to use that program by JeJin's. It always give me error when i try to mount the file.

3. byghtn3

byghtn3 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #3 byghtn3, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)