Help! Xp activation help

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by siddharth, Dec 7, 2007.

1. siddharth

siddharth MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Hi.

I am not very advanced in computers, but I am willing to do anything to my computer if instructions are clear.(I will patch, hack, edit system file, bios...)

I have just built my first computer (yay), and installed Xp pro sp2 using a dell recovery CD.

After lots of time I have come to a temporary activation solution.

run: rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk

which renews the amount of time I have to activate. I know this will only work a few times, so I basically have 30 days to activate my computer. What should I do?

Thanks in advance
    Sidd:)

2. siddharth

siddharth MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Hello?

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me. Just post if u have any ideas, or if the answers on some webpage.

Sidd

3. MarkMan

MarkMan MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2007
    Personally if it were my machine I'd mod the bios with OEM info that is stored in the generic spots instead of Dell. I'd prob use HP and create and HP OEM CD and re-install windows XP.

All the info is on this forum if you take the time to look.

The quick way around the problem is to get anti-wpa. Your copy will not be activated but you won't be bothered to activate if its installed.

4. siddharth

siddharth MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Thanks!!

Thank You very much for the response.

Ill just get anti wpa. Thanks. actually i already have all the updates, so for now I think its fine, ill come back in the future for oem help.

Siddharth