Help?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sine28, Nov 15, 2018.

1. sine28

sine28 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2018
    Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I am looking for windows 7 64 bit iso / esd (probably with updates applied to download) I am also looking for small size download , so an esd source is liked. thanks in advance, I am confused there are too many links.

2. sine28

sine28 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2018
    Thank you for the lead.

3. sine28

sine28 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2018
    So I downloaded the win7 ultimate x64 iso (non OEM, what is the difference btw?) which is roughly 3 GB in size, I don't understand "to install the other available sku's, delete the ei.cfg" part, please explain what to do next. download the latest update-pack - update the iso - roofus - install?
    how about activation? I hear about things like KMS and windows loader, what are they and which is cleaner and simpler? thanks in advance, I make this install on a custom assembled desktop.

4. IamKangy

IamKangy MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2018
    When I installed mine I used Windows Loader for activation. Works every time. Best one to use for Win 7

5. Uniqlo

Uniqlo MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Remove ei.cfg from the iso to be able to install any win7 edition. If you want to install win7 ultimate, remove ei.cfg file is not needed.
    For the activation, make sure to disable UEFI in the bios and to enable Legacy/bios to be able to use daz for the activation.
    For simplix, it is useful in case you want to integrate updates into the iso.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    There is no difference in oem or not, only the oem ei.cfg sets it to the oem channel.
    Format the USB key NTFS and extract the iso to it and it only will be able to do legacy bios installs. CSM needs to be enabled.

If you want uefi/gpt install you have to install either Pro (or Enterprise) and you can use KMS_VL_ALL by @abbodi1406 to activate.

For DAZ Windows Loader to be able to activate on uefi/gpt you need a modified bios with slic added but on Bios/mbr installs it will work without any modification.

For more info about win 7 activations on uefi/gpt: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/guide-activate-windows-7-on-pcs-with-uefi.61595/