Helppp, i m getting frustrated installing windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sanshr, Dec 1, 2009.

1. sanshr

sanshr MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    :confused:Guys plz help as I download a copy of windows 7 7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCU.5021075.TPB and tested hash check it matched absolutely. Then I burn it from ultra iso at minimum speed. I have tried to dual boot this on my personal system having windows xp sp3 installed already. I use acronis disk director suite 10 and made another partition of 30 gb by freeing space from my drive C with NTFS file system. I tried to install windows 7 but after initialize it shows an error message that “windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause” and suggest given some instruction for “Repair you computer”. The infected file it shows is File :/Windows/system32/ntkrnlpa.exe and showed status 0XC0000098 stating kernel is missing or corrupt.

I have Asus motherboard P5KPL-AM/PS, AMI Bios Intel core 2 Duo 2.8g, 2 gb simtronics ram, Samsung DVD Writer, 320 Gb WD HDD. My pc is only one month old.

I reinstalled my windows xp and same problem.

Interestingly, I’ve installed this windows 7 DVD along with xp in my office system without any problem with almost same configuration as my personal computer have.

2. exorcist

exorcist MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Check out Acronis website acronis disk director suite 10 is not compatible with windows 7 this could be your problem.

3. NoGoodNick

NoGoodNick MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Also, what did you use to do the partition resize with? I got a similiar error when trying to reorganize partitions with EASEUS. I lost both dual booted systems (win 7 x86 & x64). I think it monkeyed with the size of the partition table or something like that. I just replaced my Win 7 x64 with a new install of x86 and that fixed both.

If this is your case, I'd suggest using a boot cd to run another partition manager and see if it can correct your partition table without having to reinstall anything!

4. sanshr

sanshr MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    thanks Nick for ur firm reply, can u suggest a good partion program for that? I have a "Hiren's Boot CD". I've checked acronis website and it doesnt support win 7. can u explain a proper proper procedure right from the scratch? i am ready for reformat my entire hard drive.

5. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Partition Magic

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Partition Magic is ancient and outdated

7. sanshr

sanshr MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    I have somewhere read that partitin magic is not suitable for hard drive larger than 300 gb. is it right?

8. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    So what do you recommend instead?

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Partition wizard is more recent and performs at least as good as partition magic.

And above all, it is FREE.

You should try it :)

Gen555

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks, I'll give it a try:)

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I have found that Partitions formatted by Acronis cause problems with Windows installation program - if I create the partition and do not format it and let Windows do that during install all goes well. I can't explain this but I do notice whenever I let windows deal with partitioning of a disk there is always some unallocated space left over but Acronis can allocate all the space???

It is mainly the OS-Selector part of DiskDirector that is incompatible so create or download a Restore disk and run DiskDirector from the CD Drive.

Still - let Windows format the install partitions etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #14 urie, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    Yes i noticed you had mentoned it earlier on i have posted a few times about partition wizard, will need to watch out will get myself banned thinking i am advertising software :D Even trueimage is not what it used to be to bloated now when all the user needs is basic partition or drive backup.

14. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I agree 100%

And I don't think you will get banned for promoting freeware.
    If it's good, it's gotta be in the hood :D

15. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Macrium reflect FREE!!!! edition is the best thing I have found for backup and restoring. There are a few limitations to the free edition but it works great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. sanshr

sanshr MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    thanks guys for researching and guiding about partition manager, but back to business, i mean my windows 7 installation problem:confused:, i have performed some specific task for diagnose my headache.
    1. I download and run Easeus Partition Table Doctor, it shows partition table errors in my D:, E:, F: drive (Only C: i.e. windows partition it showed right, and let it repair all of that. Although all of my data lost (thank god I already backed up).
    2. I let it recreate MBR of my drives. As a result of all of these, the program showed 30 GB volume unallocated (I built for windows 7 early from acronis disk dr... by freeing space from my drive C:).
    3. After restarting windows, I go to disk management utility and reformat my D:, E:, F: with NTFS file system and create partition 'G' of 30 GB free space.
    4. Then i run Spotmau PowerSuite CD to diagnose if NTLDR, boot.ini, NTDETECT.COM file is missing or corrupt. It gave me clean chit means all files were intact in my system.

After all of these, I retry my windows 7 DVD and nothing were changed.
    "windows failed to start.. bla.. bla.. bla:confused:
    windows failed to load because... bla.. bla:confused:
    NOTHING CHANGED!
    Guys plz get me out of it. Dont you think it might be in my system hardware problem?

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    if you have backed up you data onto external hard drive or media and these are partitions you are talking about i would delete them all and format. Then try fresh install. also have you checked hard drive cables.

18. sanshr

sanshr MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    I followed your suggestion, deleted all my partitions and formatted hard drive and tried installing win 7 but it showed same error message, however my windows xp cd installed windows on same drive without any problem.

If a problem is coming due to cabling or other hardware issues then why my winxp installation doesnt show any error? if my win 7 dvd has any issue then why it installed in my other pc without any problem?