hey i have a question about activating/passing genuine validation

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Warrez, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Warrez

Warrez MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    #1 Warrez, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    ok so my friend have this really old computer about 3 - 5 ( yes i call that old ) and this one have windows xp pro installed no idea how was it activated but it doesnt pass the validation... i told him that clean install of my custom windows xp version is easier... but he wants to keeps all his file and etc... so now i need to activate it >.> the thing is i never done this before so i have no idea what to do.. ive always clean installed and modded xp before install to pass validation.....

can someone tell me what i need and how will i need to do it? he have used some kind of wga crack... will it affect anything?

EDIT: i just ran mgadiag and it seems that it is volume edition..... so do i need to use VLK and OEMBIOS changer on sticky?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    nope..its a bit more involved than that.. maybe a repair install wit a retail or OEM sp3 would work..then use the changer..the VLK will never be genuine with a hack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You will also need to find out if he has manufacturer SLP 1.0 string in dmi area, You can use oembios.exe to check if there is no SLP 1.0 then you will need to use HP DMI tattoo cd or bios mod.

4. Warrez

Warrez MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    thank you for your reply... i was able to get valid VLK keys for him... so now i hope it wont get blacklisted XD but if it get blacklisted ill tell him to clean install with oem slp one