Hey, what security software should i install?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by HelpMe, Apr 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi all, i was wondering what is some good security software i should install? I already have MSE, malwarebyte, keyscrambler and sandboxie. Should i install hitman pro or prevx 3.0 as well? Or would it be too much? How about software like defensewall, geswall and rapport? I am looking for a setup that would cover all my bases and rather not install software that is already similar to one another and would just overlap. Also i don't want to sacrifice too much performance with all these security apps. Thx.

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    You have enough already. If you're running the entire OS sandboxed, you hardly need anything else but if only the browser then yeah some resident program like malwarebytes (the free version is not resident mind you) or even MSE to take care of USB sticks. But if you go around randomly clicking on banners/popups/ads or running shady exes from direct download sites, not even these can protect you.

3. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    I don't think u need to install more :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    lol, ok thx, yah just a bit on the paranoid side.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    The best security is to unplug the network cable (and never plug it again) & disable all USB ports (possibly with blutack)

sebus

6. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    How about some firewall?

7. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    i think windows firewall work well :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011