Heyup all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by pr101, Dec 16, 2010.

1. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    Been reading through some of the forums here for a few weeks - gotta say its eye opening, interesting and most of all helpful.
    Just succesfully loaded on my first genuine oem xp pro os on my old sony laptop which is great - thanks :)
    Im not altogether familiar with all the terms used here even after reading through many of the forums (glossay page would be a great help) knowing me ther already is a glossary page and i cant find it.
    Anyway just like to say hi to all & pleased I found this place!

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Welcome to MDL and What don't you understand exactly and I will try to help. Also check out my site wide MDL Mirror Repository. We are here to help. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    #3 pr101, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    (OP)
    things like "Slic" in the bios mods as an example - software licence would be a guess!
    "windslic"?
    or "DISM" in the win7 forum.

The trouble is that there is such a lot of info here and as a newbie i have ended up skimming/rushing through some of it hoping to cover more ground but ending covering less - the abbreviations are just new to me.

I'm slowly getting through the stickies so will probably be able answer some of my own questions - there are a few more but cant remember them atm but will ask if i cant find the answers.

Thanks for the mirror page and link - very useful

4. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Welcome to MDL...

5. dabits

dabits Guest

Welcome to MDL :biggrin:

Take your time, read the questions and learn from the answers.
    And remember that Google is your friend :D

6. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    Hi all,
    Thnx for the welcome to the site - busy reading when I get the chance :)

7. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    welcome here dude..........

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. rf4burns

rf4burns MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    hi everyone