HI all...new here and with what I hope is a different problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tux vs Win, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Tux vs Win

Tux vs Win MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2013
    Started out with a two year old Dell that decided to barf while attempting to make my primary machine a dual boot win/linux box. No copy of win 7 so ordered one off ebay. Came with two disks one 32 bit and one 64 bit. So I installed the 64 bit on the Dell and the 32 bit on an old emachine I had with a celeron dual core in it. Thats where the problem came up. The emachine already had Vista on it so I did the upgrade to avoid losing installed software and after installing the activation went fine too....now two weeks later it is telling me it isnt fine....what gives? Any and all help would be appreciated. They are telling me to reactivate and would prefer to avoid that if possible

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    What?
    You have to activate no matter what.
    I doubt that you bought from a legitimate reseller on eBay.
    Did you use the same key on both machines? Probably got flagged.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tux vs Win

Tux vs Win MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2013
    Thanks

Yes, I am sure the keys were the same but with one version being 32 bit and the other 64 I figured that would be seen as two different versions of software so it would not matter. Btw, tried the winloader fix on it and it seems to have solved the problem without having to do any manual patching of the code. I am truly impressed with Winloader...the guy who figured that out is a genius. Hopefully problem solved. We'll see if any loose ends pop up over the next couple of weeks. Many thanks to all who have helped develop that patch. Very clever and very slick

Tux

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Doesn't matter if 32 or 64. Still the same key. Do you mean Windows Loader? Yeah that should take care of it. Seeing as the computer is a OEM, you are forever activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    So many truths and all in a single post. :biggrin: