Hi guys needing some help on installation and complete removal of Windows media center

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by stychy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. stychy

stychy MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2019
    So my issue is I updated my computer and it is now running Windows 10 professional version 1903 I wish I never had done this because it is completely messed my Windows media Center up so anyway I installed version 8.4 as per usual went fine my recorded TV worked but live TV did not work when playing cable that ever all TV tuners are currently in use to change the channel's let the program or recording that you want to stop and underneath it does not give me any options just two arrows which don't do anything my TV tuner is a quad TV tuner fbs 6285 and I have tried media portal to make sure that works and it does five my problem now is it seems to have corrupted the installation of Windows media centre and now I need to manually all the settings on my computer because every time I tried to uninstall it using un installation tool it says it's done but I can still see the folder ehome somehow I'm hoping someone can help me completely remove it from my computer and registry so doesn't even remember being installed so I can try things again and if anybody can help with that I will be so thankful anyway this is my first post and I am a lover Windows media Centre and I purposely did not want to upgrade Windows 10 because of the simple fact but now I've been using it for around nine months had a few issues at the start but got them sorted after the update it's completely messed everything up thanks in advance guys :D:D:D:D

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Don't think bios mods will have something to do with this?

3. stychy

stychy MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2019
    okay thank you so what do you recommend me doing

4. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...