Hi I'm new & Require Help Please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Portmanteau, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Portmanteau

Portmanteau MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    #1 Portmanteau, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Hi to everyone on the site. I'm new here & would like to pose a question please.

A few months ago I bought an Acer Aspire 7730 Laptop pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Basic (OEM) along with a load of Crapware, including Acer applications, Utilities & games.

My Computer is set up like this; it has 3 partitions Labelled C:\, D:\ & one called PQSERVICE & it is this one I am interested in. This drive seems to contain all of the necessary files to do a factory restore/put the computer back to the state when I first bought it. Please see below for a selection files that are on this drive \ Partition.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3866&stc=1&d=1256431824
    This is fine if I want the crapware every time I to do a restore , but I don't, I really don't. Neither Acer or the retail outlet where I bought the Laptop from will provide me with an Windows Home Basic Installation Disc. So I'm hoping to find an alternative & achieve a safe & clean install of Vista with out all this rubbish? I have genuine Key, License so I'm not doing it for any other purpose from what I've mentioned.

So is there any way of doing this? Maybe creating a disk from the files already on my PQService. I've seen a few threads about this already but the means do this are either unavailable or I don't understand the process involved Here's an example of such a thread: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/2389

I hope some one could kindly point in the right direction & make this possible.

Best Regards.

Attached Files:

2. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    It seems like a pretty proprietary restore method. IMO it's not worth the time/effort in trying to redo the restore partition to a clean install. Instead, why not just grab (torrent or otherwise) a clean install image? And there's always Windows 7 ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Portmanteau

Portmanteau MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Hi & thanks for your reply.

Yeah I suppose it is a bit of proprietary method so the alternatives you talk of they all require act*vators, messing about with the bios and such.

4. cobalt817

cobalt817 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009