Hibernation and problem after sp1 installation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by andoy_bahat666, Aug 14, 2011.

1. andoy_bahat666

andoy_bahat666 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2011
    Hi guys! I'm new to this forum..

OK, I just recently installed Service Pack 1 update
    for my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and the problem that constantly
    bugging me is the hibernate mode. When I put my computer(I'm using a laptop w/c is an Acer 4730z) to hibernate
    mode and when I get back into it to wake it up it, it turns on but my computer displays
    just a blank screen and Windows will not be loaded..this happens every time when I put off my computer using hibernate mode..I cannot use sleep mode either because my computer also had a problem with it..

I already tried the hotfix provided by Windows w/c is KB2541014 and installed it and nothings changed, the problem is still persistent..

Since I'm using my computer everyday, which shutdown is not a good option for me and I'm relying with hibernate mode heavily.....so this is really a problem for me and I cannot figure it out myself...

So I hope you guys can help me...
    Thanks a lot!!!!

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Try creating a Power Plan, customise it, restart and then let the PC go into hibernation. See if you can resume properly this time :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andoy_bahat666

andoy_bahat666 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2011

still no luck..maybe I will restore my system just because of this problem..
    BTW, thanks sir x86..

4. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    OK, another thought; check your Virtual Memory settings (under Performance Options -> Advanced ...)

Generally this is set to 1.5 x (whatever your RAM is) e.g. if you have 2GB of RAM then your Pagefile is set to 3GB. This should suffice in most cases, but check whether it is automatically managed by the system. Or you can set it to manual and allocate an extra 20% more. Then try restarting, going into hibernate and see if you can resume properly out of it. It could be that your existing virtual memory is insufficient.

Try this out, so at least we can start narrowing things down...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...