Hibernation problem win 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Al_Jourgensen, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Al_Jourgensen

Al_Jourgensen MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello
    My notebook, when enter´s in hibernation, when i get back, the screen flashes when i press anything, and doesn´t stay with image, for exemple i press any key, he flashes, and then the screen shut´s off again, and i can´t get out of these loop.
    Any help please
    Thank You

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #2 hbhb, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    are you using manufacturer drivers for say Graphic card? for now, it may be best to use native windows driver while waiting for better driver. I know in my case, amd doesn't have adequate drivers yet for one of my graphic cards, so i just use Native windows drivers to avoid bs blk screens, bsod or such. Nvidia g540 on the other hand works just fine.

in other terms i suggest checking your graphic drivers, do some testing, uninstall and use just windows drivers and see if the prob persists.

3. bootstap

bootstap MDL Member

Mar 25, 2012
    i had a similar issue a few months ago, after examination i realized that the cause was the installed graphic driver.

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 ian82, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    @ian82, You realize that Intel's "Chipset Drivers" are just INF files, right? Not a single binary in sight. If Windows already recognizes the device out of the box, all that these INFs do is gratuitously slap Intel branding onto displayed names of the various components in the Device Manager. Unless a device is so new that it is unrecognized, installing it is a waste of time, and I can guarantee you that it has absolutely no bearing on the OP's problem.

Anyway, symptoms suggest GPU drivers are most likely to be the culprit. If you're using Intel, the very latest GPU drivers on Intel's website are actually out of date and known to be pretty crashy. The ones in Windows Update should be a bit better.

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    But I didn't pick on the other items in your list, now did I? Even though most of them are extremely unlikely to be a culprit (which is only marginally better than impossible to be a culprit). As for why I picked on that, it's a pet peeve of mine to see myths such as that perpetuated, esp. when it's in your list as the first thing to check.

8. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I know the chipset drivers are not really drivers and are less likely to be the culprit, and so are the others, but just to minimize and cut out any possibilities, I listed the all the latest Win 8.1 drivers to be on the safe side.

kthxbye

9. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    you used tweaking Windows? LOL what the hell is that? :rolleyes:

10. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    true, those tools do more harm than good and you wont even know it. they will destroy your system. they are very similar to those ads you get "speed up with your PC with 1 click" and then baaam, your computer is spoiled beyond recovery

11. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    my friends i´m not here to put nothing in dangeour, and i can ashore you that i use this freeware at years, and it really fixes my issues, when i have them of course, i did a full recovery, to factory settings, and ccleaner always shows errors on the regestry, i don´t want to speed up, i want to fix troubles, and it really fixes them, it´s free, it´s homemade, and has a fórum, the guy who invented it, always askes for error´s of Windows, to incute them in the program, the program only accept donations, thing that i think these guy desserves. really

i´m not here to cheat any one, i´m here to get help, and give help if possible

thank you for your attention and really help, and for the drivers to my friend ;)

12. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
  13. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
  14. Al_Jourgensen

Sep 17, 2013
    Hello my friends

Sorry for the late response, i found the problem, the drivers were not the problem beside i have new versions, but it was a stupid screen saver from Asus pre.installed on the machine, and inbuilt on the restore drives....

Got to love Asus....

Thank you for all my friends, anything you need just PM me, Thank You Again