hide my ip , canada

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by bmxninja357, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bmxninja357

bmxninja357 MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    i have been reading the news and it tells me that they are cracking down on canadians using u.s. netflix and now on downloading things. i used to use hidemyip and wondered if this works well or if someone can suggest something better?

i use a array of different devices. acer netbook, msi gaming laptop, samsung phone and tablet, so something i could use on multiple devices would be sweet.

thanks for your time and input in advance.

peace,
    ninj

2. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Sometimes you can find Cyberghost5 for free in sid_16's giveaway thread. But who knows when that will apear again. And Cyberghost is somewhat limited as to servers and available IPs. If you're willing to pay, PIA (Private Internet Access) is $6.95/mo. or $39.95/yr. and they have lots of servers in lots of countries and are full speed all the time. And that fee allows five devices to be used at once, which would meet your requirements.

3. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2014
    Great info...but the downside is PIA is US based...:eek:
    Privateinternetaccess.com
    Attn: DMCA Agent
    1333 W. 120th Ave. Suite 219
    Westminster, CO 80234

I would never trust any US or UK based Vpn provider, especially their governments that can force and/or have control over them, often without that companies knowledge...:busted_cop::eek:

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    In the end, is anything anywhere really private? What countries would you trust and how do you know you can trust them? Seems to me that any country could justify busting into a VPN if they wanted to.

5. bmxninja357

bmxninja357 MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    thanks for the replies. will look into that one. i dont mind paying so long as its worth it. i have ripped myself off on the interwebs buying stuff lots of times. lol. so now i ask those who know more than i do.

thanks,
    ninj

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Why don't you just complain to Netflix and your ISP that you want the U.S. version's features?
    Netflix and youtube are the majority of the internet traffic these days. They know what they're doing.
    They might drag their feet from time to time, but they will cave to customer demands eventually.