High Memory Usage while Idle

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TheShadowSys, Apr 6, 2013.

1. TheShadowSys

TheShadowSys MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    #1 TheShadowSys, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    [SOLVED] High Memory Usage while Idle

I just bought a brand new Lenovo U310 Touch and so far I absolutely love it. The only thing I noticed that struck me as odd is that when I look in Task Manager it shows that I am using around 60% of my available memory, but there are no processes taking up anywhere near that much. Any information on this would be much appreciated. I also have a desktop I built and its memory usage is nominal when idle so I know this isn't a "standard feature" or anything.

EDIT (5/4/13) - Finally figured it out, it was the ExpressCache program, used a couple tutorials to isolate where the memory leak was and from there I found it was in the running files of ExpressCache, I just went to Uninstall Programs, hit "Repair" on the program and now everything is all nice and happy, no more memory leak.

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Virus maybe?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    60% of an unknown total amount of memory?

60% of 2GB of memory would be normal, not so much if you had 8GB of memory installed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    How very quaint.

I'm not really in the bickering mood at the moment though as I got that outta my system my first go round here. Give both of those a try they are simply options anyway.

7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    I thought that task manager was the idiots version of process explorer lol... It all opinion though proc exp hasnt let me down and ive had it for many years

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It wasn't mean offending in any means! Just to point why I should use 3 apps if I could do the same and even more with one? I work quite some years with Whats Running and also tested many others and came back every time because of it's bundled features and no need of other apps. Ok, it's an personal opinion as for most of the others apps I use as well. Someone likes, others don't and that's Ok.

I wouldn't say Idiots version while comparing with others!! In regards that's very easy to use that even Idiots are able to use it, than it's true!

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  10. TheShadowSys

TheShadowSys MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Finally figured it out, it was the ExpressCache program, used a couple tutorials to isolate where the memory leak was and from there I found it was in the running files of ExpressCache, I just went to Uninstall Programs, hit "Repair" on the program and now everything is all nice and happy, no more memory leak.