Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 is incompatible on Mothers with nVidia chipset?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Eze2kiel, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Eze2kiel

Eze2kiel MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2008
    That ... The problem that I always happens is that after installing several times Windows Vista Ultimate X64 with SP1 Final on AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+, 2GB DDR2 SuperTalent 667Mhz@DualChannel, ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Mobo and HD Hitachi DeskStar 320 GB (40GB partition C:, Rest partition D:), sooner or later the boot Vista screen stays as going approximately 50 bars and PC takes to load the OS about 15 minutes ...

This does not happen when I have the newly installed Vista, just happens to the long or short period of time (minimum one week).
    As I was reading, ASUS Mobo M2N-SLI Deluxe is incompatible with the HD having no NCQ ... Whoever I'm is a Hitachi DeskStar HDT725032VLA360 SATA (Not SATA2).

Which is what I've to do to avoid this whole issue of burden?
    The PC has 2 GB of RAM 667MHz running on DualChannel, so I do not think that the problem of slowdown in the bar burden of view either by theme that, but for some time I have been doing the idea ... Or buy an HD or nVidia chipset is that it brings the mother is not compatible with HD who do not possess NCQ as previously explained.

Finally, any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Eze2kiel

Eze2kiel MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2008
  3. Arakon

Arakon MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2007
    I use an old Maxtor 160 gig SATA 1 drive as system drive without any issues on the M2N-SLI Deluxe.

4. WongaWonga

WongaWonga MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2007
    #4 WongaWonga, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    seen this before

i would check to see if the drive is set in sata 1 or sata 2 mode before doing anything else, usually on hard drives there are a bunch of jumpers on the back or you have to use a dos bootdisk to change settings for them, hirens boot cd has the tools for this and is free to download, hope this is usefull.

had this issue myself with sata dvd roms and nvidia chipsets an a few friends have as well, seems the older nvidia chipsets did not like sata dvd roms, i swapped back to ide and the problem was solved