How about Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shoppingglad, Jul 3, 2010.

1. shoppingglad

shoppingglad MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    i want to change my computer system,Windows 7 is a new operate system ,is it steady recently?

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Windows 7 is the way forward my friend. A big improvement on earlier operating systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Even if you are not having least requirements then modify everything coz this os is worth it

4. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Damn good OS.
    Performance of XP with Vista security.

It should be ok on single core CPU's like the older Intel Celeron and P4s or AMD Sempron/Athlon's, just make sure you have around 2GB RAM, a basic graphics card helps too, just because of the Aero theme. The Aero theme will run on most onboard Intel graphics chips I have come across so far.

With the right setup it can run very well indeed.
    I would also avoid using internet explorer and go to Google Chrome as it is much faster.

5. crosswire1234

crosswire1234 MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2010
    I am running both windows xp and windows 7 on my system and believe me windows 7 is much quicker. One of the best os from microsoft so far. I say switch over compulsorily.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well said, totally agree with u....

7. Mike89

Mike89 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    #8 Mike89, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    I was a die hard XP user (still think it was a great OS) from way back. I completely skipped Vista cause I could not come up with a single reason to move to it. I started looking at Windows 7, liked what I saw and figured it was about time to make the change. After using it now for a few months, I'm very glad I made the switch. A suggestion. If you are going to change to Windows 7, might as well go with the 64 bit version. It just doesn't make much sense anymore to stay with 32 bit. It allows more memory to be used and is much more future proof. I did not have any issues with any software that I previously had when I switched to this 64 bit OS (Windows 7 Professional x64). I did lose an ancient TV tuner I had that had been long discontinued and would not work in Windows 7 because of no 64 bit driver support. Got myself a newer TV Tuner that would work and I'm good to go. All in all, a very versatile stable OS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. I was a XP user for all these years and never touched Vista. So for me. The change in interface was huge and shocking. I was overwhelmed and a bit lost at first. After a few days. I was fine. It runs smooth as butter and just plain "works". Usually people wait until SP1 is released. With 7. No worries.

9. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    Yes, I'd say go for it.
    I installed Win7 on all my machines about 2 months ago, and haven't looked back.

IMO it's faster than even Windows XP x64 (which I've been using since 2005 or so, and which is also faster than 32-bit XP).
    With regards to stability it's harder to say how it compares to XP, considering it's relatively new, but I've yet to see it crash on any of my machines - unfortunately I can't say the same for Vista (which I had only on my laptop, and which DID crash far too often - I now run Win7 on my laptop as well).

10. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    ^_^ is there any vista theme for windows 7?? :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

11. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    Why would you want that?
    Windows 7 looks almost like Vista anyway, and if anything, slightly better.

12. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    well i already made it look like vista :D:biggrin: vista was my love at first sight but windows 7 rocks:worthy:

13. chindra

chindra MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2010
    I installed Windows 7 x64 to take advantage of 64 bit processing for my main interest of Photoshop post-processing on my older duo-core Athlon 4000+ desktop with 4 GB RAM. It works fast and well and is flexible enough to run older XP apps and utilities with few hassles. Recommended.

14. Majestic

Majestic MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Is that an insult to M$?