How can ı use my product key?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tamirci, Dec 1, 2013.

1. tamirci

tamirci MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2013
    ı bought a new notebook and ı clean system and ı install new windows 8 . I know my windows 8 product key but ı cant actived. How can ı do?

2. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Do you have Pro or a Core key?
    It should match the version you have installed

3. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Use the online pid checker and see if your key matches the version you got installed?

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    If you have the normal core/pro iso it should pic up the key from your system in the first place. Your key should match as the people before me stated. But in the first place I wonder why you have to enter it and windows didn't see your system's key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Where did your Win 8 installation DVD come from? Most laptops these days rely on a recovery partition to do a clean install.

If you don't mind my asking, what make and model of laptop is it? If you need a different installation media, read the "Sticky" section. It will show what is available (and probably how to obtain it - for educational purposes only!)

6. tamirci

tamirci MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2013
    my notebook model:Asus n550jv
    ı have a core key (win 8 rtm core single language)
    ı dont have a installation dvd.Key embeded to bios. how can ı download ''win 8 rtm core single language''?

7. RedRat

RedRat MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2013
    First pinned post to this sub-forum is a repository for all versions of Windows.

But sometimes a 8.1 can't get a key from BIOS during install so you have to use a so-called "installation" key, which let you install Windows, and then change it to your key from BIOS.

8. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #8 Mutagen, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    According to the manual, pressing F9 at boot up should get you to all the recovery options, including a restore from the recovery partition. Have you deleted that partition? If not, try that first. (BTW - pretty decent looking piece of hardware).

Is it under warranty? Perhaps Asus can send you recovery media.