How can i download offline updates and integrate them to an iso?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ege914, Nov 7, 2016.

1. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I want to download updates and put them inside an iso... and after doing it i want that iso still stay

esd + uefi and if possible i want to add dart to it... and if possible i want to combine x86 and x64 together but not necessarly...

i need guides to do it. maybe dism method. i don't want 3rd party softwares i want to learn cleanest way to do it.. i am quick learner but not good at searching...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Actually the whole 10 forum is filled with info about what you ask ;)

3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
  4. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    thanks flr andwers . ıs there any way to add softwares folder to iso? which will install silent/unattended softwares at first launch of windows???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    a cmd or bat file inside $oems$ folder will sort that out. reg files could also be added. Others here will know how :)

6. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    İ would be glad if someone teach me how to do it

7. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Self taught is always the most satisfying. get a couple of windows customisation tools. add things that will not directly integrate but get added to the post setup stage. build iso. compare the cmd files they create, along with the folder structures in the cmd text, and modify to suit your needs. read online about silent switches etc. actually, if you find batch files and cmd files here at mdl, look at what they do and how they do it. modify them to suit your needs. :)

8. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Murphy's script in my post above does that. Read the Misc section...

9. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I'm still trying to figure out how to have it install a volume license of Office at the same time as Windows. :p

10. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    i really couldnt find a way to do these. specially software folder and integrating updates

11. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    about windows 10 updates

hi i am trying to integrate updates to my iso via ntlite... i have found an article at here about windows 10 hotfixes. but i really don't get which ones should i download to integrate?

it says insider preview so i cant use it in my normal windows 10 enterprise ltsb iso?
    [FONT=&quot]Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14931) for x64-based Systems

which updates should i download? because i think they starts to outdate and there are new ones so i don't need to download all of them? but how can i understand which ones are enough to download?[/FONT]

12. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    #14 ege914, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    (OP)
    on whdownloader
    3 different cumulative update. which one am i going to use it?
    there is one says 1607
    one says 1511
    one says windows 10 no version information..

my iso is 1607 i am downloading 1607 updates but

what is the differance between windows 10 and windows 10 1607? which one should i download?

is whdownloader always uptodate to download updates?

13. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Get Wim Information:-
    DISM.exe /Get-Wiminfo /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 7\install.wim"
    DISM.exe /Get-Wiminfo /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Server 2008 R2\install.wim"
    DISM.exe /Get-Wiminfo /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 10\install.wim"

Mount Wim:-
    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 7\install.wim" /index:3 /MountDir:C:\Mount
    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 7 H97\install.wim" /index:3 /MountDir:C:\Mount
    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 7 B460\install.wim" /index:3 /MountDir:C:\Mount
    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Server 2008 R2\install.wim" /index:3 /MountDir:C:\Mount
    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"E:\Windows\Windows 10\install.wim" /index:1 /MountDir:C:\Mount

Integrate/Slipstream Updates:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Package:C:\Updates
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Package:E:\Windows\Ie11p
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Package:E:\Windows\Ie11
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Package:"E:\Windows\Server 2008 R2 Ie11"

Get Packages Information:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Get-Packages > C:\Logs\Packages.txt

Integrate/Slipstream Drivers:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Driver:C:\Drivers /recurse
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Driver:"E:\Drivers\ASUS H97\Audio" /recurse
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Driver:"E:\Drivers\ASUS H97\Chipset" /recurse
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Driver:"E:\Drivers\ASUS H97\Network" /recurse
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Add-Driver:"E:\Drivers\ASUS H97\Video" /recurse

Get Drivers Information:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Get-Drivers > C:\Logs\Drivers.txt

Remove Drivers:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Remove-Driver /Driver:eek:em6.inf

Enable Features:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient

Disable Features:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:WindowsGadgetPlatform
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:TabletPCOC
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:printing-Foundation-Features
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:printing-Foundation-InternetPrinting-Client
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:FaxServicesClientPackage

Get Features Information:-
    DISM.exe /Image:C:\Mount /Get-Features > C:\Logs\Features.txt

Save Image:-
    DISM.exe /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\Mount /commit

Discard Image:-
    DISM.exe /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\Mount /discard

Create Bootable DVD:-

Oscdimg.exe -u2 -bE:\en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939\boot\etfsboot.com -lGSP2RMCPRXFRER_EN_DVD -h E:\en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676939 E:\en_windows_7_professional_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_67693.iso

Oscdimg.exe -u2 -b"E:\Windows\Server 2008 R2\GRMSXVOL_EN_DVD\boot\etfsboot.com" -lGRMSXVOL_EN_DVD -h "E:\Windows\Server 2008 R2\GRMSXVOL_EN_DVD" E:\GRMSXVOL_EN_DVD.iso

14. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    thank you !