How Can I fix my Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mrpickem, Feb 5, 2008.

1. mrpickem

mrpickem MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    I've been running the OEM bios mod (vista loader 2.*)for almost a year now. Well it broke yesterday after sleep mode. Limited functionality, contact MS or Enter new key...all that BS. I have an EVGA MB with asus mod. Is there any way to fix this short of a new install? I can boot in safe mode, but thats all. No SP1.

If I bought Vista and entered the new key would that work...or will it still be jacked up? I do have XP installed on a separate drive but I've got used to Vista and kinda like it.

Any help is much appreciated!

Just happened upon this site while searching for a fix. Great looking site with a wealth of info.

2. mrpickem

mrpickem MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    Strange, but when I got home today and was prepared to try a couple things, my pc booted straight to vista np, only with a a small watermark in the bottom right.

Windows Vista (TM)
    Build 6000
    This Copy of Windows is not Genuine

At least I can now save all my data and fully prepare for a reinstall if needed. Sorry if I seem like a novice, but I've really not messed with these bios mods other than using the pre made paradox & vista loader.

If I want to fix my install now...I assume the 1st step would be to uninstall the vista loader and then load a mobo specific SLA 2.0 supported bios.

Is voatktools a good utility to use to remove the mod and move forward.