How can I fix this bitlocker issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rasso, Jan 8, 2010.

1. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
  2. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Just a poke at it, since I never use Bitlocker and I'm not too sure about this. The error you're getting seems to do with the corrupt association of a folder. Did you do a registry clean up you may want to restore what you did if that's possible. Or try reassociating the BitLocker drive with the program it uses. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Try system recovery, maybe ur registry got corrupted. Btw.. does this error also occur if u try to unlock the drive using the system control panel?

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I would use the following command to decrypt the drive and make a new empty partition and put some files you don't need to worry about and see if the problem still happens.

Bitlocker command line script
    1. Open an elevated command prompt
    2. Change to %WINDIR%\System32 (elevated command prompt usually starts here anyway)
    3. Enter cscript manage-bde.wsf -? - that will give you the commands to pass to the script to unlock or decrypt the drive.

5. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    #5 rasso, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    (OP)
    no i dont get this error when i go to control panel..i can unlock D hardisk when i go to control panel...but i want to unlock D hadisk while i click on D hardisk..i dont want to go control panel for unlock D hardisk

i know my password .but when I click D hardisk ,its not asking me my password.its giving that error...I am useing ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE...THAT program did that error,,,I did restore it but unfortunately
    is that fix the associated problem ? or it will make unloock D hardisk ? I can unlock D hardisk from control panel.. but İ want to unlock D hardisk while I click on D hardisk..its so annoying problem..

6. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    hi guys,

so nobody know how to create an associtian for bitlocker in windows 7 ? I am really confused rightknow