How can I go about creating a multi boot USB?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by RaXorX, Jan 26, 2019.

1. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    I want to create a Multi Boot USB disk containing a win 10, win10PE (kyhi's rescue disk), sergei sterlec along with two Linux distros and an anti virus rescue disk. For now I'm just testing with win 10, kyhi's rd and Sergei. My biggest problem comes with sergei's disk.
    Rufus can't do the multi boot for me. Tried yumi but it just messed up the USB and did nothing. Tried winsetupfromusb which booted win 10 and winPE but didn't show me the option to boot to sergei's.

I think that is because I had to load sergei's as grub4dos through WSFU. But I can't understand why it is so, since I can load sergei's disk normally if I made a bootable USB through rufus in uefi mode. I read that grub4dos doesn't support uefi but I could load it if I made it through Rufus.

I tried using easy2boot which booted the win 10 normally but then I added the winpe and sergei's disks too after which it didn't detect my USB in uefi mode. In legacy it works fine but I need it for uefi mode.

Can someone shed some light in how I can accomplish this task?

2. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    Thanks, works like a charm, I read about it before but don't know why I didn't give it a go. I guess must have just seen the flashiness of others but this seems much more advanced than others, lol can't judge a book by it's cover ever. Anyways, if I add an iso, how can I go about removing it, like if I need to update it or as such just to keep it updated?

3. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    #5 RaXorX, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    (OP)
    Hey Freddie well my question is still in moderation but I found what I was looking for. But besides that, I got something else to ask now. In qemu I could get to the grub4dos menu which I guess isn't supported in uefi mode and thus I can't see an option to switch to it in my bios. But I also couldn't see the option for Sergei strelec in grub2 either but in the winpe options wherein I can't access the other options of the Sergei unlike Linux oses. Also I can't see ubcd in my laptop either but on qemu it works fine.

Edit: yeah in legacy mode I can see the Sergei and ubcd both. But I'm still on the grub2 menu not grub4dos. So why can't I still see them in uefi?

4. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    I disabled the Secure boot too, as I said I had linux distros on it which require it to be disabled. Without it the usb gave me access denied error. After disabling it I can see the AIOboot menu. I have all the other OSes but not the sergei and ubcd in it, which I get when I boot into the usb through legacy mode.

5. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    This is one of the reasons I stopped creating multiboot disks. I think I had to switch from UEFI to Legacy. I had to choose between multibooting and UEFI with secure boot. I'm back now to UEFI with secure boot. I figured out I don't really need to multiboot. I have a very simple setup now.

You might have to ask the developer about it. Or just change to Legacy whenever you have to use your multiboot disk.

6. Dude Guyman

Dude Guyman MDL Senior Member

Jun 20, 2017
  7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And that was recently solved

8. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    And what is this about? Easy2boot or aioboot?

9. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018