how can i incorporate few fonts into window 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by catdog215, Dec 3, 2009.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    i have a few fonts that i would like to incorporate into window 7 so that it automatically installed instead of me having to copy and paste to the font directory after OS installed. Is there a way?

thanks

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Not going to say it can't be done but I have never seen it. Maybe can be done with vlite. It may also be possible to be done with Unattend.xml but not sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #3 Phazor, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    A bat or cmd placed in the $$\Setup\Scripts folder should do it.

Example:
    Code:
    cd "%~dp0"

if not exist c:\windows\fonts\somefont.ttf copy somefont.ttf c:\windows\fonts

In this scenario the bat or cmd and the fonts would be placed directly in the setup (edit: scripts) folder. The fonts could also be put in some subfolder but then the commands had to be adapted accordingly...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    On second thought, it should be even easier to do.

Since the contents of all folders in the $OEM$\$$ folder are being copied to the equivalent location in the windir anyway, (like branding images in $$\System32\OEM are being copied to Windows\System32\OEM), it is probably enough to just create $OEM$\$$\Fonts and put the fonts into the Fonts folder. Setup should then copy the fonts into the winfonts dir automatically, meaning no commands or anything should be necessary. The $OEM$ folder goes into the 'Sources' folder on your image...

5. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    #5 catdog215, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks. I already had $OEM$ folder in the "source" for auto activate Win7. do i need to create a sub folder and named "font" and place all fonts in that folder?

this is what inside $OEM$: $OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\file for activating win7 from http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/11505

so do i need to create sub folder like this example: $OEM$\$$\FONTS\all fonts file go here

i do not need to write any script for it to install font?

therefore $OEM$\$$\ consist of 2 sub folders. 1) SETUP and 2) FONTS

6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Yep.

Just make $OEM$\$$\Fonts and put the fontfiles into it.

Then they should get copied to Windows\Fonts automatically because all other things in the $$ folder are being copied to their equivalent locations in the windir too...

7. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks a lot. can i also make another sub folder in the $OEM$\$$\EXTRA

in this "extra" folder, i would like Win7 automatically install adobeReader, adobleFlash, WinRar,and etc... do i need a command for this to work? if so how because i know nothing about coding