How can I increase my C drive space?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Abner5768, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Abner5768

Abner5768 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2014
    My Windows 7 computer has installed an internal hard drive that has been partitioned into four: 150GB C drive, 60GB D drive, 60GB E drive and 50GB F drive. However, recently, my C drive has got a low disk space problem and asks me to increase its space. How can I increase my C drive space? Please, help me.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Perhaps the two threads can be merged.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Boris55768

Boris55768 MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2014
    What have you done to your C drive? In personal experiences, you do have three possible ways to increase your drive space:

1). Free hard drive space
    Try to use all possible ways to free up your C drive space, such as running Disk Cleanup tool, removing to deleting some useless programs or files and more.

2). Increase your C drive space in Disk Management.
    Have you checked whether there is enough free space on your rest partitions? If there is, you can try to extend your C drive with the free pace in Disk Management: Back up everything well, shrink the partition with free space and right click C drive to highlight “Extend” option in Disk Management.

3). Use some partition resizing tools to increase C drive space.
    Of course, if the second way cannot work on your computer, you can directly use a partition resizing tool to resize your drive space, such as GParted, IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free and Paragon Partition Master.

Note: No matter which way you choose to use, you’d better back up all your important data well at first.