how can i know if my netbook is usb bootalbe???

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by christian666, Jul 20, 2010.

1. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    so i want to know if my netbook is usb bootable
    i have a acer aspire one model AO532h

thank you for your help

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    When the Acer logo comes up there should be an option for boot menu if so click the key stroke for it and if you have your usb drive plugged in the name of it should show up on the list of boot devices. Then select the drive and press enter and it should boot (provided that you have the right files on the drive lol).

3. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Acer says hold f-12 when you turn on the Computer and with the BOOTABLE USB flash inserted check to see. all Acers use F12 for multiboot.

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    At boot up look at the post screen, press the corresponding F key for boot options. If your notebook supports USB boot then you will see USB in the boot menu. Select boot from USB and ensure usb device is inserted. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fdjc

fdjc MDL Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Just for the record, not all USB pens can boot, I find my cheap integral ones I got off work wont boot on most but a freebiee 4GB one given to me with ACL on the side works perfectly.

6. pochmdl

pochmdl MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    USB Boot

After 5 days, I was finally able to install an OS (Chrome) in Usb and also enabled the F12 menu and add USB booting to it. But still the USB boot doesn't start. My system confirms that my USB disk is healthy. What do you think?:(

7. christian666

christian666 MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    make sure the boot order its first the usb

this could be the error u r getting