how can i transfer data from one pc to another wirlessly ?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by barrytroter1, Jul 28, 2011.

1. barrytroter1

barrytroter1 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2011
    hi am soon going to get a new desktop but i dont have an ethernet cable as i do all my internet surfing wirleesly and i want to no how to transfer all my music and games and general stuff from my laptop to my new desktop pc ?

btw i think that i have posted it in the wrrite section on mdl if not sorry

2. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    my laptop is running windows 7 ultamate and the desktop is running vista

3. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    thanks ill try it !

4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    One idea might be to burn all these files,music etc to disk then copy them from disk to the new PC.
    This then gives you the added bonus of having the files saved to a hard disk for future referance. Just incase of a HDD failure or similar.

If all the files have been collected over a period of time losing them becomes a royal pain in the, you know where and very time consuming trying to get them back.

5. comp_tech

comp_tech MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2011
    That surely will be a great help for you to use those tools. But I would suggest to better back up all your files by burning them all to a disk or copy all your important files using your external drives or any portable storage media that you can use to back up them all.

6. tmen

tmen MDL Novice

May 22, 2012
    If your old desktop computer is running in Windows Vista and you are transferring your files to Windows 7 then you can use the Windows Easy Transfer in order for you to save all your data in standard locations but you can also select custom folders and directories. The software is very easy to use and this can be done through the use of USB port or LAN, for your situation I think LAN is more appropriate to you.

Source: darktips.com/transfer-data-from-one-pc-to-another/