How can we make sure that our modified bioses made here do not have a virus on it??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by msr, Jul 26, 2009.

1. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I do not want to sound ungrateful, but i have to ask how do we check our bios files made here so that they do not contain a virus. We hear now that people can put virus on bios and take control of computers on a low level.

Like i said i do not want to sound ungrateful, i just would like to know to all that use the modded bios, how do you check for your security?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DivideX0

DivideX0 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2009
    Learn to mod a bios yourself if you don't trust anybody else to do it.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Don't flash 'em..Better yet don't ask for a mod.
    I'm surprised, being this paranoid, that you are even connected to the internet. I don't meant to sound condescending, argumentative, or pugilistic, but...

See what I mean? Of all the insinuations I glean from the post, ungrateful didn't even make the list.

You should feel embarrassed not ungrateful..:eek::p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I am sorry to sound like this i just wanted to see what people thought about this on here.

5. ennio

ennio Guest

I am always carrying a bottle of antibiotics when I mod a BIOS. Only way to kill those viruses.

:) :) :) :)

Just kidding. Nobody can take your system on a low level. If you don't know how to recover your BIOS don't do it. Tools you can find here are reliable and safe. My 2 cents.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #6 Yen, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    You have to trust the one who has made the mod.
    To exclude malicious code definitive you have to know how to mod a bios.
    Have you ever heard of a bios trojan? Somebody has detected here at MDL?

If you don't trust, don't request..... ;)

Do you want to be a zombie and join my Botnet?:D

7. djs

djs MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    I'd just like to add one HUGE thank you to ALL of the modders and everyone that does SO much to help us all. :)

Not to trust any of them is unthinkable. Who would spend so much of their time to help the community if not from the best of motives. :rolleyes:

Thank you all again.
    David.

8. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    if your motherboard is not from intel you can use a little tool and mod your bios for yourself

p.s. see in the sticky

9. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    hahaahha...:D
    This is the second thread strated with the same motives since the first time I visited this forum.
    And as Yen stated, there are so many mods done here at this forum for so many people and none of them has reported a malware.

Feel free to ask for a mod without any concern...
    The modders here are doing their best for no fee at all, just for the satisfaction that they helped some one and made this wolrd a better place for all of as.

Petar...;)