How check if tcpip is cracked???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by X_Splinter, Jul 20, 2008.

1. X_Splinter

X_Splinter MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2008
    I there. I have windows Vista x32 without SP1 (no Sp1)

I did the manual crack to tcpip long ago but i found a lot of errors in systm viewer (that tcp erro)

I now installed the tcp driver for SP1 but how can i know if is it working???

If not, it wasnt supose that in utorrent i should only be able to connect to 10 or 15 peers???

Is there any method like regedit to find out???

2. LaZBoy

LaZBoy MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2008
    You can check in event viewer, under system. If you have alot of EventID 4226 then your tcpip-crack is NOT working. If you dont have any EventID 4226 then you are good to go.

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #3 petar, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
    This is an interesting one "I did the manual crack to tcpip, but how can i know if is it working" ??
    To have the knoledge to patch the tcpip.sys and not to know if it works..:confused:

Note that the sentence in the quotation marks is taken out of contekst.

I know that this is a bit of rude to say, so moderators if you feel the need, delete this post....:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. X_Splinter

X_Splinter MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2008
    Listen smart boy, the point is that the error 4226 can also be triggered by an spyware...

Its that hard to edit a file and reg value??? Maybe for you.

I ask if there is any aplication like in Windows XP to make a TCP check.

I guess not.

Lazboy, thanks but i want to know if there is a better method.

5. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Plesa do provide me with an spyware that couses the 4226 event, while Cracktcpip.sys is loaded.
    I would love to test it...:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
  7. X_Splinter

X_Splinter MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2008
    NewDotNet :D