How do I burn Blu-Ray Movie for PS4?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Mlke9876, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, I just bought a Blu-Ray Burner and installed it's software. I am trying to burn a Blu-Ray. After Burning I load the BD into my PS4 and it says "Unsupported Disk." It's a MKV file. How do I burn it and play on my PS4?

2. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, I looked at your links and it says it works with BD-R/RE (BDAV, BDMV). I have BD-R disk. I downloaded Avidemux. Can I convert MKV to BDAV using Avidemux? (I'm still learning how to use it.)

3. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    My Bluray burner came with Cyberlink Media Suite 10. It has an option to convert for PS3. I contacted them to see if it will work for PS4. I'll try your links and report back when I hear from Cyberlink. Thanks

4. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Success! I searched the Internet and found a program called MacX HD Video Converter. I converted the MKV file to PS4 (AVI) and it worked. The picture quality isn't what I thought it would be but I'll play with that. Thanks

5. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Me again. In case anyone was wondering, the AVI disk I burned is low-quality video. H.264 is the format for Blu Ray. I used a program called Wondershare to convert to .mp4 (which I think includes H.264.) Now my Videos won't fit on a 25 GB disk. I'll have to get the Dual Layer 50 GB disks.

6. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    A lot of the conversion tools reduce the quality of the original file, if Avidemux doesn't have the features you need look for something similar, check out Youtube for Avidemux tutorials. Avidemux allows you to just tweak the file a little with no quality loss or reduction in file size, most of the one click tools demolish and rebuild the file producing a very poor copy and they take ages doing it. DVDFab is the best one click option in my experience, Handbrake is very popular and free but I don't find it to be as good. I have all three on my system, Handbrake I use the least.

Why do you want to burn films to disk? I binned all my DVDs, CDs and BD disks a long time ago, all my media files are on my HDD and transmitted around the house with Serviio. The method you have opted for will inevitably cause you headaches and a percentage of failures. :g:

7. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm back...Apparently my PS4 doesn't support MP4. I will try Avidemux. I bought a Blu Ray burner hoping I could easily burn movies. I did not know about using HDD. I will continue to try to get my burner working. I'll report back. Thanks

8. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm trying Avidemux and have a few questions. First, what are the best settings for "Video Output" "Audio Output" and "Output Format"? I used Mpeg4 AVC, MP3, and MP4 Muxer. There was an error with the Audio and it did not work correctly. Whats the best for Blu Ray? (Does PS4 work with MP4?)

9. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    What's the best burner software? Avidemux doesn't have blu ray burning.

10. ukendt

ukendt MDL Junior Member

Aug 4, 2009
    PS4 supports BD (a.k.a. blu-ray discs). This means You may play a "normal" blu-ray disc ( a commercial one). MKV files are NOT blu-ray files, but You may see them and play if they are copied to USB.
    Now, You wrote You want to use your newly bought burner and You want to play blu-ray (BD discs), then You have to copy a BD disc and, eventually, burn it.
    To copy BD discs to Your hard drive You need software like, for instance, DBDFAB (use: copy BD). To convert MKV files into BD You may use DVDFAB as well. Sometimes DVDFAB media player is granted for free (keep You eyes into relevant threads). Before You burn, You may check whether DVDFAB media player will show the movie or not. VLC, media player classic and some other progs will NOT show menus. To show menus You need the PRO version of DVDFAB media player, or Powerdvd ( at least version 11) or other commercials progs. BD discs, 25 Gb and 50 Gb, are quite expensive, at least if compared to plain dvdr, so they should be reserved for BD discs. B.T.W: BD50 may be shrinked to BD25. Of course there will be some loss of quality unless You choose to omit some audio tracks and/or subs. In this case You may, again, use DVDFab but I get better results using BD-rebuilder (free)

11. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Sorry about the last post. I didn't know we were on a second page. I looked at the Media Info tool and it says Audio is AAC. I'm trying Avidemux right now (I think I figured a way to compress it to under 25 GB.) I'll post another thread when it's done. I looked at Serviio and it looks cool.

12. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hello, I converted a movie using Avidemux (it looks better than Wondershare.) I burnt it using Ashampoo free. My PS4 says the disk is unsupported. Does PS4 play MP4? Apparently not. What's the best Output Format for Blu Ray and Avidemux? I installed serviio and will try it out also.

13. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Me again...I have Serviio working on my PS4. All my movies uploaded in MKV files. Looks good! I still want to get my burner working. Does PS4 work with MP4?

14. Mlke9876

Mlke9876 MDL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi, does anyone know anything about adding subtitles to a movie? I've got a few subtitles, and I rename them the same as the MKV but they don't work. I'll keep trying.