How do I check if a Windows key is blacklisted?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lunar21, Sep 26, 2012.

1. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Hello all i was wondering how I can check if a key has been blacklisted or has been activated to many time or if a MAK has been used up? Please let me know where or how to do that (besides using it in Windows LOL)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abdovar

abdovar MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2010
    give it to me! :p or give it a try on vm :bye1:

3. woot332

woot332 MDL Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Try telephone activation, when the bot say you maybe a "victim" of software piracy
    that's a red flag the mak key has crapped out lol:D.

4. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    If you have a MAK key you can use VAMT 3.0 to check how many activations left, or if the key is blocked.
    VAMT 3.0 do not work on retail keys, so there is no way to know how many activations left on retail key.

5. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Trying to use it is one way. If its successful, its valid :)

6. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    I know I have valid keys, but I have a list of about 30 keys that I have that I would like to see if blacklisted or used up. Does a PID checker check this information, if so which PID checker does this and where can I get it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    #7 hack, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
  9. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I wasn't attempting to make a comment on the source of your keys, the rules on this forum frown on discussing certain keys so I have to assume they are your keys.
    They will more than likely be MAK keys if they are under the Academic VL Agreement. Use VAMT to check and compare expected activation count against actual.
    If there is a problem phone your MS rep and they should sort it out for you. The clients can't recover the MAK keys from their PC. Somebody would need access to the actual product keys in order to leak them.

10. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    I know hence is why we need to see if any of the MAK keys we have, have more activations on them then they should. If they do then we have a leaker and we have to do an internal investigation and god knows they are never "nice" LOL

11. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah it is going to end up messy. Use the VAMT and keep it internal until you have the facts.

12. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Easy solution, PM your key's and I'll tell you if I've already got them or not. Just kidding. Get that VAMT running and check your counts, then tell your manager so they can ask the lawyers how to proceed before contacting your MSFT rep. (just my corporate opinion)

13. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Oh trust me i know how to deal with things like this. We had something like this at my last Uni job and it took about 2 months to find the person and we held his pay for the last month and fired him. He tried to sue us for his money but his lawers said just stop as the uni could get even more money from him if he continued as the price for each Windows Pro that was activated could be priced at $80 and about 200 PC's were done. So we could have gone after him for $16,000 plus fees. This one will be easier I think :D