How do i disable onboard video of Dell Dimension 3000

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by catdog215, Dec 16, 2009.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    not sure where to ask in the correct thread. sorry. I have a Dell Dimension 3000. I would like to disable onboard video since i install FX5200. I press F2 and now i'm in Dell CMOS, i guess that what's it calls. I scroll to video but there no way to disable. all i see is Auto or Onboard. It default to Auto.

In my Device mgr, it show the onboard video so i disable throught device. any way i can disable through the setup so that window will not see onboard video?

Thx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    According to dell forums

3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    For future reference this kind of query should be posted in the hardware section. :)
    As for your video card, as you have entered BIOS and video defaults to auto this means that if a video card (GPU) is installed then this will be detected and automatically used for video / graphics processing.
    Check device manager / display adapters and make sure yor video card is present and working properly. If it is then in reality onboard graphics are disabled and windows is just detecting the presence of your on board graphics capabillity. Hope this helps.........:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #4 catdog215, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    (OP)
    thank you all. and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. man, dell is very serious on there products.. cant do this, cant do that :). this is communist lolz

5. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i use a program called c cleaner.when you run it,it displays your specs(how much memory you have, processor, graphics etc. in the top of the programs window.it should say fx5200.if thats nvidea card.i used to have that one.make sure to install the drivers for it.you can go to their website and they have a scanner you install to detect the drivers you need.good luck