How do I get to enable NX on AMI BIOSes

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by matybg, Jan 1, 2013.

1. matybg

matybg MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Hi, I have an old Asus p4v800d-x MB with the latest bios (Version 704, link here dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4v800d-x/ P4V8D704.zip

The problem is a lot like the topic below
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/35176-TUTORIAL-How-do-I-get-the-option-in-the-bios-to-enable-vt-at-Phoenix-BIOSes

My Processor is capable of NX/PAE but the option to enable it does not exist on my bios (and I cant install Windows 8 because of that).

I just want to know if there is a possibility to hack the bios to enable the option.
    if it's not impossible and someone is willing to help me (I'm new to modding BIOSes but with some guidance I will catch it up), I will post more detailed information of my setup.

Thanks a lot!
    Cheers

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    most wil say upgrade your hardware some. like a core2duo board or better

3. matybg

matybg MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Still, my pc works pretty damm good and I see no reason to upgrade it to install windows 8 (very stupid nx check from w8, I can run w8 consumer preview which doesn't have that nx/pae check and works very good.

Here is a picture of my bios, in the section that should appear the option

ht tps ://ww w. dropbox. com/s/9wzu9x069d28sdr/2013-01-01%2018.45.54.jpg

4. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i always wondered about the nx/pae check on cosumer preview win8,this is great info on your behalf,i thank you very much, you are a great person :worthy: now i can run win8 cp on old dell/HP computers,hold on,does not win8 consumer have an expiration date? Do you have a solution for this? or does it just stay in evaluation mode forever?

5. matybg

matybg MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Yes, it has a expiration date (January 15), but I think you can find some workarounds for that (please inform me if you find out something, I haven't really investigated too much on that topic, I'm more finding out how to install RTM on old machines) On the other hand, What you cannot do (at least from what I know) is that you won't be able to use Windows RTM updates, and overall RTM is a much more complete version, faster and more stable.

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    yes,well,would you not say that win8 CP would be a vast improvement on older non-nx/pae cpu compatible machines with WinXP? or dare i say Vista? i would :biggrin:
    Working on that Win CP expiration thingy..... :D

7. matybg

matybg MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Yes indeed, it runs very well :)

Btw, try release preview because it doesn't check NX/PAE and is a more finished version than consumer preview

8. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    okay,i will,thanks for the advice :)