How do I keep Store, Maps App (or others) from starting automatically in backgr?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dummekuehe, Jul 9, 2014.

1. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I noticed that when I log on to my user profile Maps and Store app load in the background and use too much memory and cpu for my liking. Is there a way to keep that from happening without loosing the apps completely?

I also noticed that there used to be many projects/threads that tried to get rid of as much metro as possible. Where have they all gone? Nobody actually uses these crappy apps, right? I'd love an option to use (boot option or different user profile) Windows 8.1 without all the metro crap to have as much power left for games as possible. I noticed that when I rename twinui.dll that saves quite some memory but explorer shell won't load.

Could anybody help me out with these two problems?

Thanks

2. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    doesnt anybody have suggestions?

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    You probably don't get answers because these Apps do not start with Windows to begin with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    msconfig/start up tab is what I use to stop unnecessary apps from starting on all my PCs, incl. in W8.1u1