How do I remove the Windows 10, "Your upgrade is ready to install"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Repaxan, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Repaxan

Repaxan MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2013
    A few weeks ago I reserved Windows 10 on the GWX dialog like I'm sure many of you did.

When they released it, I let it auto-download, then before installing it I used clonezilla to backup my partition in case I wanted to go back.

I really, really didn't like Windows 10.

I restored it and unsurprisingly it's continuing to pop up this nag box that sticks around until I reboot with no option to close it. "Schedule later" only asks me to pick a time for it to auto-install.

Untitled.png

How do I get rid of it? I already tried removing the 3035583 update and disabling GWX in the registry. That only disables the GWX tool, but it seems like there's something else going on because that dialog is titled "Windows Update" and the control panel for windows update also says it's "Downloading Windows 10" still.

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fockoff

fockoff MDL Junior Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Here's what you can do...
    • Backup your entire system. (In case for future use.)
    • Thoroughly wipe out your hard drive. (via DBAN or Blancco)
    • Re-install Windows, but Enterprise this time. (Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1)
    • Re-download and re-install drivers and updates.

Enterprise users don't qualify for Windows 10 upgrades. In other words, no Windows 10 pop-up in task bar.

4. esdtowimseeker

esdtowimseeker MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2015
    I had the same problem though how I got to there I do not know.

However, the solution worked. Since I cannot post links (I do not think this limitation is a good thing, but it's not MY board...) take this string and tack http-etc on the front of it and properly substitute '.' for a space or two:

www eightforums com/installation-setup/69984-how-do-i-stop-scheduled-automatic-install-10-a-post520664.html#post520664forums.mydigitallife.net/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=63552