How do I restore my serial number, product , manufacturer & UUID in Acer Insyde Bios!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ar_seven_am, May 12, 2010.

1. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I've stuccesfull mod my bios with slics 2.1, but after it reboot n post when I press f2 button in bios setup then I see my serial number, product name, manufacturer name, & last UUID is gone! How do I restore it again? I remember my serial number cuz it's in the back of the mobo (Acer Aspire 4540) but what about product name, manufacturer n last the UUID (it replace with FFFFFF-FFFFFF-FFFFFFFF). The worse thing I didn't back up it first! :confused: Can anyone help me? Do I need to reflash with the original files from Acer?
    Here is the detail :
    Serial Number : LXPFN0CO329456O2A51601
    Product Name: Aspire 4540
    Manufacturer : Acer

Before I mod my bios I've RW everything, if it's needed I will send, please help!:worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    If it's an insyde type of bios then this will help - http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7033-Insyde-bios-mod-requests.?p=121945#post121945

3. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    #3 ar_seven_am, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
    (OP)
    Thx Tre, but I want to restore the original UUID, how? I didn't write in a note becuz I didn't know it will erase that, all I know I create the recovery disk if the system can boot at all! Is the original UUID is written in the guaranty card or manual book? If yes I will search tomorrow, (it's not my mobo, the owner is my brother, n the last the it's new (bout 3 month), I'm worrying if there's something wrong (mobo is broken) the acer dealer will refused to fix it so I don't want my brothers get upset, I'm just trying to help her cuz he didn't have money to buy windows license so I mod his mobo bios!

Edit : It's ok anyway, I'll find by my own, the most important thing I've modded 5 mobo with different manufactured n now I think I'm getting smarter n can help someone if they needed (I wonder what happen if my brother know he had a genuine windows, hmmmm, if I can resolve it I'll share to u all! Thx MDL, urie, tre, yen, freestyler, cripto, andy p (ur tools awesome) all moderator n members, may GOD bless u all!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abidkecil

abidkecil MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I do same mistake and now lost my original bios detail :wallbash:
    Please help me to restoring my bios detail.. :worthy::worthy:

5. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    Use dmi tools to restore ur original bios data, it maybe different depends what ur mobo/lappy bios but u've to find manually the details (look at ur mobo or lappy, u can find the serial or the manufactured), for the UUID u can make it again use UUID generator on the web, but don't u worry bout that, even when u use the original bios file, UUID will change anyway!