How do you Reinstall the Automatic Updates Service?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CRA2YHAVOK, Mar 27, 2011.

1. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Hello MDL got a little problem with Windows 7, it seems on one of my computers the Automatic Updates Service is missing, I've searched about on Google on how to reinstall it but all I keep getting is guides on how to do it on Windows XP which doesn't work.

Missing that service prevents MSE from updating which isn't good.

Anyone on here know how to reinstall that particular service?

Thanks if anyone can help :)

2. jjjhs

jjjhs MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2010
    #2 jjjhs, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
    There is no Automatic Updates service in Win 7, there's a Windows Update service and if it is missing you have to reinstall Windows 7 with an unmodified installation disk. I can't think of any reason it would be missing other than it was done on purpose.

3. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Thanks, I may just do a complete reinstall then as this computer has been giving me problems of late to do with Windows Update, I've done SFC /Scannow a few times now to try an see what was up but each time it reports everything is OK but it's clearly not, rather than find the cause which is probably gonna be minefield & a time consuming task I'll just do a reinstall later next week.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Found on another forum:

RE: Automatic Update Service Missing

"<poster's nick>" wrote:

> Bad form to reply to your own post, I know. However, I finally solved the
    > problem by executing the following command from "run".....
    >
    > regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    >
    > Maybe this will help someone else looking for a solution.
    >
    >WOW! It sure did help. My Automatic Updates was missing as well. after following your directions, it returned. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...