How do you return to 30 day trial?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rab2, Aug 1, 2009.

1. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    Rather than wait for MS to tell my computer it's not genuine I though I might just return to the 30 day trial and wait for a key to come out nearer the time (i.e. not blacklistable). Any idea how you do this? Removing your product key (slmgr -upk) doesn't do it.

2. fantasyhustler

fantasyhustler MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    use the latest orbit hazar kit and remove the activation you used.

3. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    remove grldr the lo*der than replace the tokens.dat and then replace default key this is the only way i think . one other way is to reinstall :)

4. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    I'm using the leaked Lenovo key rather than any activation hack. Probably I just need to replace it with the default install key, only I don't know what that is.

5. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    You're probably right but I figured for the next 30 days (+ numerous rearms) what's the difference between having an activated copy and a trial copy? You never know what MS might do with WGA, they could leave the machine tagged as having been using this key in the first place. I can't be bothered with being forced to reinstall for the sake of staying "activated" till then.

Thanks for the key.

6. Gonzo68

Gonzo68 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    #7 Gonzo68, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Just do the 2 following command:

slmgr.vbs -upk <-- Remove the product key
    slmgr.vbs -rilc <-- Reinstall system licence

7. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    This was the exact target of their press release: FUD, but it's certainly your choice.

8. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    so you bios as a 2.1 slic. so you should be able to just change the key but you will still have the cert in the tokens.dat i dont know if this will have any effect on the system it should'nt but i am not shure

9. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    It's: -rilc

10. Gonzo68

Gonzo68 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    I edited my post thx

11. scyphus

scyphus MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Let me get this right:
    When M'soft do get around to blacklisting the key we could just run those commands and leave the bootloader in place.

Worst case scenario, M'soft include a loader detector in their next update in which case we just wait till Hazar or Orbit 30 get around to writing an update which should be able to overwrite the old loader. right?

p.s. does anyone know if the 'uninstall' in the new Orbit/Hazar loader would remove the loader from hazar's old fix?

12. johnnie83

johnnie83 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Why deactivate yourself. Just wait for a new key to leak in a week or two and you'll be fine for the rest of your life :D

13. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    I am waiting for a new key. But what's the point keeping the compromised one I have now in the mean time? Unless you can suggest a single downside to switching back to the trial then I can't give you a single good reason not to do just that while I wait.

14. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    even if thay do and that is a big if than all will happen is you will see not genuin for a while than when new key comes whack it in there and your good to go again

15. moonburn

moonburn MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Downsides: you have to activate again, you probably have to rearm, balloon notifications to register Windows etc. Just keep it this way, you can easily update the key later on. Have no fear winding up with an unusable system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    Or I can just run a genuine trial version till a more secure key comes along (and installing the new key takes 2 seconds). Then I don't have to think about "if", regardless of how big or small your opinion of this "if" is. I really can't see a downside to this plan. Seriously, why is it so hard to get this concept through to some people?

17. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    if this is what you want to do than just do it.why ask a question if you have made your mine up in the first place your a wast of peoples time :)

18. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    Is English your first language? Because you don't really seem to have understood the question. I asked how to revert to a trial version, having already decided to do that. I did not ask for your opinion, nor did I want it. This thread could have been finished in 1 or 2 replies if people like yourself didn't feel the need to put your 2 cents in.

19. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    and i told you how. So just go do what you want and dont ask for help than bit the hand that feeds you :D