How does one change over correctly to mod BIOS, if one up to now used a Loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Urgixgax, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Urgixgax

Urgixgax MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2009
    How does one change over correctly to mod BIOS, if one up to now used a Loader over months? I found the correct changed BIOS for my board (MSI K9N Diamond).

Wie stellt man richtig auf mod BIOS um, wenn man bis jetzt über Monate, einen Loader benutzt hat?
    Das richtige geänderte BIOS habe ich für mein Board (MSI K9N Diamond) gefunden.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Depends on the loader..I think DAZ comes with uninstaller. Others maybe use the VOATKtool to uninstall loader, maybe repair the install or the bootrecord.Irregardless, you can likely install the cert and serial before you uninstall the loader..You may end up repairing the install regardless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    I had tried it already as follows: Loader uninstall and system again started. Now Windows in the notification mode and I were must Windows activate. Subsequently, the BIOS mod certificate and key. But I should activate Windows still, which ended naturally with the fact that the Windows was not legal.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate RTM x86.

Ich hatte es schon wie folgt probiert:
    Loader deinstalliert und System neu gestartet. Nun war Windows im Benachrichtigungsmodus und ich müsse Windows aktivieren. Anschließend Das BIOS mod Zertifikat und Key. Aber ich sollte Windows noch immer aktivieren, was natürlich damit endete, dass das Windows nicht legal sei.

Ich nutze Windows 7 Ultimate RTM x86.

Urgixgax

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #4 Rosco, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    I am a little confused about whether you actually flashed your BIOS with the modified BIOS you downloaded. The way I read your posts it sounds like you uninstalled the loader then installed the certificate and key without flashing your BIOS - of course this may be my mistake as I may have misrread.

The steps are:

1. Download the correct modified BIOS file.
    2. Flash (or update) your BIOS (using the method MSI advise to use - probably a program you get from their website) with this modified BIOS file.
    3. Restart and set up the BIOS settings if necessary - the flash process may have changes some of the settings you use.
    4. Boot into Windows and install the Certificate and key using slmgr commands

5. If this does not make sense re-install the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
  6. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    I must test and examine thus again whether everything functioned and mod the BIOS has this entry. Which I do not believe however, it is that still with rearm on 30 days (maximum 120) it folds, if I the Loader uninstall. The system was installed 2009 and runs now already several months.

Ich muss das also noch einmal testen und prüfen, ob alles funktioniert und das mod BIOS diese Eintragung hat.
    Was ich aber nicht glaube, ist, dass das mit dem rearm auf 30 Tage (maximal 120) noch klappt, wenn ich den Loader deinstalliere. Das System wurde 2009 installiert und läuft jetzt schon mehrere Monate.

Urgixgax

7. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    I give it up. Property of everything again slowly tried, BIOS flash, certificate and key installs manually, loader uninstall, but with it right down the message already comes in the corner that Windows is to be examined.

Ich gebe es auf. Habe alles nochmal langsam probiert, BIOS geflasht, Zertifikat und Key manuell installiert, loader deinstalliert, aber schon dabei kommt rechts unten in der Ecke die Meldung, dass Windows geprüft werden soll.

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I gues the wise old saying still applies

If it ain't broke don't mess with it.

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010

Y don't you post a slic toolkit/everest dump screenshot so that we can see what's happening before just giving up?

10. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    I am not safe me, but possible way there were problems with me, with the installed KB971033.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, aber möglicher Weise gab es bei mir Probleme, mit dem installierten KB971033.

11. Osiris

Osiris MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2010
    Did you mean I'm not sure?

Meinten Sie ich bin mir nicht sicher?

If so, I'm not sure as to the update effecting the loader..people seem to still be using them for the time being so I don't think so. To be honest though I haven't paid much attention to the loaders so I'm probably not the best person to ask concerning them.
    About the BIOS however, if you did flash BusyKid's mod and it didn't work, I can probably tell you why. The instructions he gave for flashing were incorrect (he probably just over looked them). Anyway your BIOS doesn't have enough room for SLIC 2.1 so it has to be inserted into the NVRAM area. When this is done you have to flash with these switches /p /n /c. P programs the main BIOS image, N rewrites data to NVRAM which in this case is where SLIC is. C clears CMOS. I'm not sure if you meant you weren't able to flash or not...but if you can and are comfortable with it. Try the link I provided. Hope this helps:)

Wenn ja, ich bin nicht sicher, wie Sie das Update bewirkt den Loader .. Leute scheinen sich immer noch mit ihnen für die Zeit so glaube ich nicht so. Um ehrlich zu sein wenn ich nicht bezahlt haben viel Aufmerksamkeit auf die Lader also bin ich wahrscheinlich nicht die beste Person zu fragen, die sie betreffen.
    Über das BIOS jedoch, wenn Sie nicht Flash BusyKid mod's und es hat nicht funktioniert, kann ich Sie wohl sagen, warum. Die Anweisungen gab er für das Flashen nicht korrekt (er wohl etwas mehr als sie sah). Wie auch immer Ihr BIOS nicht genügend Platz für SLIC 2.1, so dass sie in das NVRAM-Bereich eingesetzt werden. Wenn dies geschehen ist, müssen Sie mit diesen Schaltern flash / p / n / c. P-Programme die wichtigsten BIOS-Image, schreibt N Daten zu NVRAM die in diesem Fall, in dem SLIC wird. C CMOS löscht. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob du meintest du warst nicht in der Lage, Flash-Speicher oder nicht ... aber wenn du kannst und damit gut vertraut sind. Versuchen Sie den Link I zur Verfügung gestellt. Hope this helps:)

12. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    Thanks, for the information. Perhaps I do not understand always everything correctly, since I speak only German. And that folded flashed, the BIOS ready placed to install from the certificate and key also. I was the opinion that the changed BIOS, certificate and key are better, as a Loader, which concerns the KB971033. It is thus not noticed that Windows 7 was not officially activated.

Danke, für die Informationen. Vielleicht verstehe ich nicht immer alles richtig, da ich nur deutsch spreche.
    Das Flashen, des bereit gestellten BIOS hat geklappt und das installieren vom Zertifikat und Key auch.
    Ich war der Meinung, dass das geänderte BIOS, Zertifikat und Key besser ist, als ein Loader, was das KB971033 betrifft. Das also nicht bemerkt wird, dass Windows 7 nicht offiziell aktiviert wurde.

13. Osiris

Osiris MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2010
    No problem, my friend, please mind my German I only know a little:) If I understand correctly, the BIOS I provided for you, worked. Certificate and key were installed correctly. Yes? Your correct, using a modified BIOS is better than a loader. It is closer to how the manufacturers make them so you do not need to worry about updates, including KB971033, because Windows 7 is properly activated. (Similar to buying a new PC with Windows 7 already on it) :)

Kein Problem, mein Freund bitte, Geist mein Deutsch Ich weiß nur, ein wenig:) Wenn ich richtig verstanden habe, das BIOS ich euch gegeben gearbeitet. Zertifikat und der Schlüssel korrekt installiert wurden. Ja? Ihr richtig, mit einem modifizierten BIOS ist besser als ein Lader. Es ist näher an, wie die Hersteller machen, so dass Sie nicht brauchen, um über Updates kümmern, einschließlich KB971033, weil Windows 7 richtig aktiviert ist. (Ähnlich wie beim Kauf eines neuen PC mit Windows 7 bereits auf it)

14. Urgixgax

May 20, 2009
    Thanks, for the information. I could use the made available BIOS and otherwise also everything folded. But at the end it did not lead to hoped for success. In next time, I will test, as it becomes, if I install again the BIOS, Windows 7 and then again keys and certificate inserts.

Danke, für die Informationen. Das bereitgestellte BIOS konnte ich nutzen und sonst hat auch alles geklappt. Aber am Ende führte es nicht zum erhofften Erfolg.
    In nächster Zeit, werde ich testen, wie es wird, wenn ich das BIOS erneut flashe, Windows 7 neu installiere und dann erneut Key und Zertifikat einfüge.