How does win 7 compare to Vista and XP?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by throbber, Jan 13, 2009.

1. throbber

throbber MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2008
  2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I find it funny that people are bashing the OS even though it is not even done. They state program compatibility as the main reason.... or the good old line of it is slower than XP. A good deal of Vista's "slowness" comes from getting rid of the GDI+ display model. A lot of other APIs do not translate well to the DirecDraw/Direct3d only model of Vista. Thus the reason the came out with Direct2d.

In the end people need to try it themselves before they go posting on blogs about how it sucks or this or that. Oh well XPs end of life cycle is coming up, so soon people will have to start using the Windows 6 kernel much the same way XP and 2000 forced people off of NT4.

3. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Did you even read the article. 7 was clearly fastest of tested systems on their tests. :rolleyes:

Obviously there are still compatibility issues but they have still year or so to fix it so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thing that I most dislike with 7 is that horrible taskbar. Other than that it looks pretty nice OS even as beta

4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Yes I read the article, you must not understand English well enough to interpret my post.

5. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    #5 juzz, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    It sounds like you are bashing that blogger because of he says that 7 sucks? Yes maybe I have some problems understanding english. English beeing my tertiary language after all ;)

"The bottom line is that the more I use Windows 7 the more I like it."

"Sure, we’re looking at a beta build here and not the final code, so things could change between now and release (although realistically final code ends up being faster than beta code)."

"but overall Windows 7 beta 1 is a robust, solid bit of code."

"Sure, Windows 7 is not XP, and never will be (thankfully). "

Not to mention the tests that showed 7 being faster in many areas.

Isn't that what the blogger did?

Anyways. I don't want to start any flame war. Just some quotes from blog to prove my point :)