How long will (Build 6801) stay activated for ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LUg, Nov 19, 2008.

1. LUg

LUg MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I ask this as I would like to keep (Build 6801) permanently as in my opinion its the finest Microsoft has ever produced. If there is a cut-off date then is there some king of workaround to keep it permanently activated.

LUg.

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    expires 01-July-2009, why would you want to keep a pre-beta build when Betas will be out soon and soon after RC and RTM. There is so much stuff that does not work with 6801 it is not even funny, on the surface it looks great and most stuff does run, but stuff like AV programs are not designed to work with the new kernel (some do but they are not certified so they might cause issues), the RSAT does not work with Win7, Hyper-V management doesn't work with Win7. VMWare kinda works kinda doesn't.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I am just saying that you are better off using newer builds of the OS when they become available rather than using a hacked build like 6801 which isn't even feature complete.

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I'm happy with build 6801, but as soon as I can get the next build, I will.
    I gotta agree with HSChronic on this one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. digglife

digglife MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2008
    Actually build 6801 shows expiration 8-1-2009, which would make it August 1, 2009. Agreed, I doubt anyone will be running this build until August, as newer Betas (and later on, public betas) will be available to try.