How many days lasts Windows 8 PRO without activate?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by charliebros, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliebros

charliebros MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    I see a lots of users questioning what happen if Windows is not activated. Obviously the answer is, that you can't customize the Metro Start screen and the Lock Screen, and also the watermarks, but I want to know HOW MANY DAYS I can use the system without actívate?, I see that 30, in other 90, in others 30 but can rearm up to 3000 times, and others that it don't have expiration. The plan is: when Windows 8 comes out, wait 15 days to see if a activation method is out, if isn't, basicly, buying it. (Sorry if I dont put enters, I have a problema with the keyboard and the freakin' "enter key" don't work :S)

2. aswerth

aswerth MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    I'm wondering the same thing. I've bought new PC and it's slow like hell because of installed applications. I want to install Windows 8 now and activate it with Windows 8 Upgrade Offer or my dreamspark premium account. (It's expired because of summer break)

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    using IE10, some problems might occur with the ENTER key. press F9 and use compatibility mode and it should work.

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Mine did the same when using Windows 8, use compat mode like PaulDesmond said.

5. charliebros

charliebros MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Oh thanks, now it works :D.
    So, Anyone knows the real trymode?

6. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's 30 days for standard versions and 90 days for the evaluation version (which is activated, but activated for evaluation purposes.) You can rearm the 30 day limitation multiple times, and I think it's been said that you can rearm the 90 day evaluation once.

7. Kroww

Kroww MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    @hybridseries looool W8 DOESN"T Have a GRACE PERIOD! THe Rearms are Useless! It is really that HARD To Understand??:rofl:

8. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    As KroWW says, Windows 8 has no grace period. On my test VMs without activation, a blue screen covering the whole screens start after a few hours without activating. Thats with a non standard key. (etc blocked key) with the standard key (thats included in the installation) it take 12 hours or so before the blue screen starts. Before that the version watermark and a "activate now" watermark down to the right.

The only way to try out Windows 8 without all of this is using the 90 day trial version of Windows 8 Enterprise.

9. charliebros

charliebros MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    I don't give a f**k about notifications, it can be easily erased with the patched twinui.dll.
    About de BSOA, I still don't see any.
    So again with the original question; How many days lasts Windows 8 PRO without activate?

10. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    there is no time limit for now:D

11. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    #12 Garbellano, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    are you STUPID or you cant read??. How many times we told you that is NOT A ***** EXPIRATION *********

12. danilxd

danilxd MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2012
    slmgr.vbs -ipk VOLUME LICENCE KEY PRO O ENTERPRISE
    slmgr /skms kms.sjtu.edu.cn
    slmgr.vbs -ato

Test New Server

13. charliebros

charliebros MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Holy Crap!, It Works!

So with this I have other question:
    I backup the activation (KMS), so, if the 180 activation days finish, Can I again have 180 days restoring the activation?

14. picolino

picolino MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    #15 picolino, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    i don't think so, since the kms activation has a date to expire.

type slmgr /xpr in command prompt you will see the expiration date.;)

Sorry about english.

15. aswerth

aswerth MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    If I activate Windows 8 with KMS server, can I activate it again with my dreamspark premium account after 180 days?

16. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Why just activate it now with your dreamspark account? But yes, it's possible to change key and activate with a retail/mak key later on.

17. aswerth

aswerth MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    My Dreamspark Premium account is expired but I'll get new one after summer break. :\

18. DaNiEx

DaNiEx MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2012
    That solve my question too.;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. lokster

lokster MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    no grace period but it will have that annoying watermark and some limitations, i heard or read somewhere like you cant customize metro apps or something?