How many here uses Technet - and what do you think about the price?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by myhken, Aug 5, 2010.

?

Do you have Technet or want to get Technet

1. Yes, I have Technet today, and I think it's good value

25.1%
  2. Yes, I have Technet today, but I think the price is to high

3.9%
  3. No, I don't have Technet, but I want to get an account

38.6%
  4. No, I don't have Technet, and I don't want it.

7.7%
  5. I'm buying Windows and Office in a retail store or on MS internet store

0.5%
  6. I'm never paying for any MS product, always using Loaders, KMS or other hacks.

24.2%
  1. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    #1 myhken, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. hclarkjr

hclarkjr MDL Member

Nov 18, 2007
    bought my first subscription this past February and plan on keeping my subscription when it expires, to me it is a great value.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    $200 a year for all the microsoft software you want? not a bad idea if you have a crap load of computers. i personally paid $30 for windows 7 and $10 for office 2007 due to college discounts. but if i was out of college i would definitely consider this. but then again i only have 2 computers and i prefer a lightweight linux distro for my netbook

4. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    I agree, you have to consider it if you don't have more then one computer or something like that. But if you are paying retail prices for Windows and Office, then Technet still is the best option.
    And/or you're doing a lot of testing, and reformat your computer several times per year.

And more and more people gets computers with lots of RAM and quad-core cpu etc, and they are using virtual computers. Then a license or two extra is good to have. And of course, maybe you have some people in your family thats needs a copy...not legal but still... If I had that question on my poll, how many people with Technet accounts thats has used one or two licenses on family computers or friends computer, I think that number had been high. Not saying I have done that ;)

5. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    so can you sign up in a year when they release a new os and new version of office and grab as many keys as you can before it runs out and they keys are still good? sounds like a plan for when the next version of windows comes out

6. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Thats the good thing with Technet. Most of the "normal" people, like us, generate all the keys to all the software, download all the .iso files within the first year. (or week for me :D). When you let you account expire, you can still use all of your licenses and .iso files etc. But you can not get new keys, or download new files. You still have access to your Technet account page with the product keys.

But of course, that only work if you don't get greedy and start selling licenses, or giving them out on the internet, or to friends, that give them to other etc. Because if one license get blacklisted because of misuse, your whole account get blacklisted, including all your product keys to all your software, not only to that software the key was blacklisted.

7. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    cool good to know

8. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I have technet account but I still use SLIC 2.1 on several PC's

9. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I whonder what technet accounts has to do with slic 2.1 :p

I get that you download your windows os from technet and other stuff and then use oemslp and cert to activate but sitll^^.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    My religious beliefs interfere with me purchasing MS products :p...lol

*Religion of the empty wallet*

But for small groups it sounds like a good idea for those ethically inclind to make MS richer :biggrin:...lol

11. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    I have done the same...100% safe .iso files, original with any language I want. Then use OEM-SLP to activate. I'm not using up all my licenses at once... :)

12. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ohno ofcourse not!.
    OEMSLP ftw:)

Anyone can give me a technet account? :p

13. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    You live in Sweeden, you can afford a Technet account. Around 1.400 SEK for Standard, if you buy a US account.

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Hm not bad at all! and how did you know i live in sweden? Ur a spy from denmark?! :p

Altho, i dont have the 1400 sek, i have 24 sek beacuse im jobless:/

15. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Gave me a hint. And I'm from Norway, worlds riches land :D We drink oil and gas as water. :D :D

16. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Damnit! ive revealed my position to the danish.. I must regroup and dig myself down :p

yea well, i need a job first then i might actually get a technetaccount, faster internetconnection so i can host ftpserver :p

17. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Du får komme til Norge, vi har jo en masse svensker som jobber her, så drar dere tilbake til billige svenske priser. :D

18. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Haha icke! Jag kan inte resa nånstans med mina 24 sek.
    Haha noway, i cant go anywhere with my 24 sek (roughly 2 bucks).

Now im gonna sleep, then keep do what i do best, being a legimit couchpotato and do nothing :p

19. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #19 acyuta, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    In India, they charge Rs. 25,000 (US$550) for Technet Plus Account. No other options. I had read about that Standard and called to enquire. Can I fake my ID (US) and get it in US$. I do have a close relative in US. Can she be used as proxy. I only need the keys. She can create a technet specific email id and pass me the password.

Mykhen: Of course Norway is one of the richest countries in the world, but I have heard that it is also one of the most expensive. Everything is priced outrageously there. Why is a Technet account priced at standard amounts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    First the second question: the price I gave tcntad was the US price. If I want to buy Technet in Norway (not an US account) I have to pay $343 for Standard and $600 for Pro. Then to the first question. If you have family in the US you can use their address. So you can create your own Live ID, you can signup with your name, but use your family address in the US. Then pay with your own credit card, and your good. Thats what I did. I don't know if they have some more security features about credit card from India, but you can try.

You're right. 5 deciliter of beer on a cafe or restaurant cost around $10-17, 5 deciliter coca cola in a supermarket: $2, 0,6 KG with 10x sausages $7.33, one kg of beef tenderloin $48, 0,7 KG with chicken breast $16,5, a liter of vodka $67, a cup of coffee $5.8, a loaf of bread from a baker $6, a cheap loaf of bread in a supermarket $3.3. But I'm have a salary of $66.600 working for the government as a social worker (working with difficult adolescents). I'm working 37,5 hours per week. I have 5 weeks paid vacation per year. We don't pay anything if we get on the hospital, after we have paid $296/year we get free time with our primary doctor ( I can go there every week if I want), and we get free medication (that you really need, like blood pressure pills, cancer, allergy, painkillers, etc etc).

So not all bad. But still, a very expensive country to live in. A big mac menu on McDonnalds: $14.