How many of you have switched to Win 7 from Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by albsat, Dec 25, 2009.

?

Have you already switched to Win 7 from Vista?

1. Yes

121 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Still thinking...

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. albsat

albsat MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Hello people.

Let's make a poll. How many of you have switched to Win 7 from Vista definitively? In case you are one of them, are you satisfied and why?

;)

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    kthxbye:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    Here's my story, as soon as I bought my HP DV5 Laptop, I downgraded it from Vista to Windows XP, then jumped to Windows 7 ever since the early RC Stages, then got my hands on the first RTM early. then I have never went back to any other OS!

in my case! I totally stomped over Vista. in my opinion Vista is a POS OS that just consumes more resources than it really needs, and offers nothing but slowdown and some visual enhancements. Windows 7 performs just as good as XP if not better sometimes, has the Vista features + more, and looks better!

Repeat after meh........... Windows 7 FTW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I have the two OS for now, because I have some important programs that I cannot port to Seven, these programs are Government related and I will upgrade it only next year.

When its done, I'll shrink my Vista partition and will keep only Seven.

I'm very happy with both OSs, I never had problems with Vista and it runs smoothly on my machine, but seven is the best M$ OS until now.:)

5. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I have a little old notebook witch was sold with WinXP in the first time.
    After the release of windows vista i was fine for some time but windows vista was nagging me with some major problems (like problems with my bluetooth and audio).

Then the Windows7 Beta (RC) came up and i switched ... and im more than satisyifed!

6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Since the Windows 7 build: 6801 I don't use Vista anymore. The RTM was pre-installed on my pc but it was awful. Every day a bsod cause of the "driver unload problem":( but due to all fairness Vista has improved a lot since SP2.

7. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    Have you tried running those programs in Windows XP Virtual Machine in Windows 7??

This will enable u to have a window of a fully fledged Windows XP system d00d.

Try that

8. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Thanks for your suggestion, but it cannot be done due security reasons.:eek: I must keep these programs at Vista partition until I receive the new ones.

9. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Technically your programs are on the vista partition when you running XP-Mode, only inside a virtual PC.

By securityreason you mean, security for the prorams or some restrictions for there use?

10. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    #10 kmr1685, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    only one reason for that still i can't figure it out what i am doing in vista everything is working flawlessly but still i am not in control of my own machine how do you like this, as well as battery power consumption in my laptop my vista is huge its normal working time is 3hrs 10minutes;) but after six months of purchase my battery working time only 2hours:eek: believe it not or not it is up to you people who reading. i really hate this windows os basically.:mad::mad::mad: bad,bad,bad, M$ boy is vista.;)

ps: i think i am not harming anyone here talking about M$;).:D

11. President Fluid

President Fluid MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    I am debating the switch. A friend of mine was in the M$ partners program and I ended up with all the trial software for Vista. So right now I am running Vista and it has been a year now. I have had some goofy bugs with it and always have that nagging sharing problem with permissions but all and all I have been happy with Vista.

I have a net book that came with XP on it but I put a cracked copy of W7 over the top of it and the net book seems to like it. It runs smooth and has not encountered any problems at all.

And yes since SP2 for vista it has even gotten a lot better. And since the beta release of W7 M$ has been dumping some of the current features of W7 backwards into Vista now. The most noticeable was the Windows Update center. That has to be pulled directly from W7. Some other small features also ended up on Vista that makes it more user friendly.

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    xp to win 7 for me i left vista out of the picture because i hate vista :D:D:D

13. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I used Vista from the release - it was easier to activate then XP and less harassment. I liked Vista more than XP but you need a supercomputer to run it properly.

The boot times were impossible - don't know how anyone could use it on a laptop.

7 is an improvement but I am yet to be convinced it is much more than a debloated Vista - but can't go back to Vista now!! By the way a clean install of Vista with SP2 slipstreamed worked better than any other version - upgrading to SP2 was a nightmare.

But for me XP and Vista are dead and not very fond memories.

14. 0ldBear

0ldBear MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Got kids in high school and college so reasonably priced student editions are readily available.

Went from XP to Vista. Did not go back to XP, but I can see why some people were unsatisfied with Vista.

Began using 7 in it's beta stages and feel it is the best OS they've ever developed. It's on all the household computers now except one I need to keep on XP in order to continue to use a minolta laser printer.

cheers

15. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I can't remember an MS OS that was so nice to use like Win 7.

Dos? No. Win 3.11? No. 95/98/ME/2000...not really. It was getting better with Win XP. But Win 7 is best - don't know why but I love it ;)

Going from 7 down to Vista is for me like trading your ferrari against a bike. First I was asking myself if the poll is asked in the wrong way :rolleyes:

16. tomorrow

tomorrow MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2008
    Yeah i switched

I liked Vista too(used it nearly 3 years)
    Switched because Win7 has bit better performance on certain scenarios

Currently satisfied although there are some minor kinks to work out...

17. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I've been using Windows 7 since build 702x and fell more and more in love with it as I used it. I used it as my main OS and kept performing clean installs of every major new build through 7100, then I kind of settled on that until it went RTM. I didn't finally start using the RTM until early October. It's very smooth and I used Media Center under XP MCE 2005 and Vista so I like the further improvements in it in Windows 7. I like the stickied icons on the taskbar, and the improvements in Windows Easy Transfer, although for some dumb reason it doesn't transfer scheduled recordings from one Windows 7 installation to another (don't know about Vista to 7, but I don't think so either). There's other manual ways involving a shell command to import a previous Windows 7 Media Center scheduled recordings list.

18. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    ubuntu 9.10 and windows 7 have replaced vista on my laptop and on my new netbook i only use windows 7. vista was the worst pos in history

19. MadSheep!

MadSheep! MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    XP=>Vista=>7

I Believe that the Vista is a good os that was tested for a long time with lot of problems and other things and from this behavior the 7 grown refreshed and with improvements.

As for XP i thing it was an good os for his time.... Now its an old os full of holes and hundreds of patches to close some of them

7 Is beter than XP or Vista....

only problem is the Memory it uses a lot it is improved since Vista but....

20. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I switched

I actually liked Vista dident have any problems with it at all then when they released Windows 7 I set it up to dual boot but just this week I got rid of Vista and will never go back . Don't know what ill do with my copies of Vista cause any other computer I ever get will run Win 7 and if it cant meet the minimum requirements I'll probally throw Windows Server 2003 on it not XP