How on earth is this OS supposed to be finished in 5 weeks?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jun 21, 2015.

1. nuhkka

nuhkka MDL Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Every single preview ISO has been buggy as fark.

I remember the RC isos of Win 8 and 7 were pretty much the same as RTM and those were released months in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    microsoft have said it will never be finished,they will always be servicing it with updates.

3. SNaRe

SNaRe MDL Senior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    10147 is not that bad. They have fixed a lot of issues. Until RTM stage most obvious bugs will be fixed.

After RTM package they will have frequent updates and a big update package. Everything will be sorted out.

4. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    for the love of god 10147 is pretty much RTM as it is what more do you want .... it's fast stable and does great in every thing it does even the apps are done
    people these days are never happy and ask way to much if you want a buggy os go with linux

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #5 CODYQX4, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    is MS what did u expect ;)

7. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Yeah.. working great for me.

8. jazzu4ia

jazzu4ia MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2014
    ...10147 is good and stable and edge is fast and dark...

9. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

No, they had time to remove the best features before the RTM.

Anyway looks like they decided to transform Windows in an Arch Linux like rolling release.

And I'm not sure it's a good idea, especially on enterprise environment.

Personally i consider Arch one of the best Linux distros, but I will never use it in work environment.

10. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    we'll be guinea pigs .... even an rtm will never be perfect .... yeah linux more tempted than ever ...

no os will be perfect, no control over those companies who push their vision of their "perfect" os ... pff complexity in simplicity

Trying Zorin Os x64 Ultimate and im very pleased ...

11. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    They have to have a ready RTM version really soon, since they have to ship it to all the OEM computer factories out there, so when 29.July come, you can go in a store to buy a copy of Windows 10, or a computer with Windows 10 on it (that actually work) or a phone or pad etc etc.
    Pretty sure like somebody else already have said, that maybe 10147 is that version. Maybe a version before that also, since one month is not long time to produce millions of copies of Win10, millions of computers/laptops, ship them all over the world, get them in stores etc etc, all before 29.July.

12. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    Just want to make sure everyone understand the time cycle for RTM. If I remember correctly Windows 8 RTM in August of that year. When it reality it was released to OEM and and did not actually appear on the marks until November of that year. ( I might be a month off) Computers did not appear for sale with Win 8 until until around that time. So while it is being referred to as RTM, it is not really that, but should be called more like RTO ...release to OEM. If I remember correctly also there was a big patch for all the RTO when they appeared.

In short what I am saying there is a several month manufacturing lag of when it has to be done, but I realize that MS has stated final release as well they will continue to push insider flights. It is a bit more confusing this time, however I am guessing they are still working with the manufacturing lag cycle in their plans.

13. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i agree i think it has to do with all their new surface 3

14. jesusmgtz

jesusmgtz MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    I can't install that build (on VM)

15. labvxe

labvxe MDL Expert

Mar 24, 2015
    Why... Any error that u can provide. I can help :D

16. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I think that it's the Status Quo for Microsoft. Release a new OS at a point where its' core functionality is stable, then release updates and service packs
    to handle the minor issues. And yes, the term "minor issues" is relative. But that's the way MS rolls.

Eventually, they'll fix and preen Windows 10 (They might even release a SP1 update for it...)

By then, the people will be thoroughly bored with it, and be screaming for something new. :)

But that's just how most people roll...

:MJ

17. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    but did u forget about the Lazarus effect;)

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Want some good advice, either become a beta testing stooge for them forever and be satisfied with your free "beta" os, or find another OS.

19. geddeeee

geddeeee MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    So everyone thinks that build 10147 is indicitive of what MS has ready for RTM... Wrong!!! They are probably 20 builds on from that... Get a grip!!!!