how ro enable a system recovery or Recovery Media creation. and make a recovery disk

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by m_ishak, May 28, 2014.

1. m_ishak

m_ishak MDL Novice

May 25, 2014
    I pay a used laptop Sony Vaio SVF 143100c from china , they install windows 8 Enterbrise and no other software or drivers

when I check I found a recovery volume on the hard disk I assign this volume and copy all the recovery content to external Hard disk, size is 18 GB

and the product key is valid for Win 8 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM,

I don't have a Recovery Media disk or usb to return to Factory condition, how to create a recovery disk to access tis image and re install tis laptop to Factory condition

thanks

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #3 CEW, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Plug in a usb stick.

Open cmd prompt, type recoverydrive, press enter. GUI will pop up.

Tick the box which says "copy contents of recovery partition to the recovery drive."

That might not work as there seems to have been a reinstall since. Worth a try.

Or you could try applying the image from the recovery partition. I think they may be split wims on a Sony. Should be doable.

Use push button reset image if you have the choice.

sonyrecusb.jpg

sonyrec2.jpg

4. m_ishak

m_ishak MDL Novice

May 25, 2014
    thank you for replay,

as I explain I copy the content of recovery partion to external hard disk, and have many director and very large file name is install.wim 10.9 gb, and also many sub directory one of them is autorun/langregion/default/en-us also many other language in the langregion sub directory

also no magnet link to download the CoreCountrySpecific esd file

your advice how to use this recovery partion ,
    regards

5. CEW

CEW MDL Senior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #5 CEW, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. m_ishak

m_ishak MDL Novice

May 25, 2014
    thank yoy CEW ,

It work and now I install the recover ( Factory setup ) and wondows Activated Fine,

But its right , only chinees Language and when I tray to chang to engilsh using this threed ,

"Install-Windows-8-1-Update-CoreSL-and-Convert-UI-Language"

in the second restart aftere delete registry , the systen not work and give erourrs 0x80000001

can you advice how to chang Language

thanks

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009