How to Activate Windows 7 Home Basic 64-Bit?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ajeshbanerjee, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ajeshbanerjee

ajeshbanerjee MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2017
    I want to activate my Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit Service Pack 1. Can you please provide me a serial key that actually works? I don't know whether I'm at the right place to ask such a help. I found this forum on Reddit.

Please help me someone. o_O

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ajeshbanerjee

ajeshbanerjee MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2017
    WOW! That totally worked, mate! Thank you from a grateful heart! :worthy:
    I have two more queries:

1. Shall I delete/uninstall the Windows Loader .exe file from my PC?
    2. Can I turn on Windows Updates? Is it legit to ask for genuine updates now that my Windows has a serial key?

Please help.

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    1. You can delete the loader.exe file, no longer required as it has done the activation. Or save it somewhere for when you need to format the pc so you can re-activate.

2. Yes you can turn on Windows Update and obtain the updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. ajeshbanerjee

ajeshbanerjee MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2017
    Hi there,

Actually, my desktop has a pretty basic set of hardware so I chose Home Basic. It was given to me by a colleague.
    To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a hardware guy and I've never formatted my desktop on my own (Though I have a vague idea and sure would like to learn).

P.S. It sure feels good (and a little awkward) to find so many experts here.

7. ajeshbanerjee

ajeshbanerjee MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2017
    Gosh! Thanks for the reply, my friend.
    I will keep the Windows Loader .exe file.
    Also, I must admit, it sure feels great to know that my computer is ready to receive genuine updates now. A few hours back, it showed me my Windows is not genuine, and now it is doing all good. Thank you for replying to me! :tankyou:

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @ajeshbanerjee

Every Windows 7 SKU has same system requirements - don't bind yourself with those imposed restrictions.

9. ajeshbanerjee

ajeshbanerjee MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2017
    Noted. Can you please be a little more elaborate on this? Like I have said, I'm not much of a techie, so I would need some hand holding please.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009