how to activate windows server 2003 R2 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by shack, Jan 10, 2012.

1. shack

shack MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2012
    hi, i have some problems with windows server, i brought a HP pavilion p6280t machine but it is asking for drivers and i don't know how to activate it, it shows me that it is a trial and i have to activate it but i don't have the activate key and i have tried to look for the drivers for that machine on HP site they don't have drivers for windows server.

please please please i need some to help me on those two issue.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    How about trying to learn something?

Just read Sticky: Server 2003 OEMBIOS & OEM SLP Keys archive

sebus

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I guess XP dirvers will work fine on server, it's both NT 5.x anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shack

shack MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2012
    server OEMBOIS & OEM SLP keys

i am new when it comes to server installions and stuff so i have no idea what you mean by server OEMBOIS & OEM SLP keys

5. shack

shack MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2012
    the problem is, there are no XP drivers for HP pavilion p6280t on the HP web site

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. ThomCove

ThomCove MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Dear Sebus,

After 35 years working with computers (probably longer than you've been alive) I just have to ask you "why is it that every asshole who thinks he knows a little something about computers acts like a jerk instead of, either answering the question, or keeping his mouth shut?".

The answer is the P6280T machine comes with Windows7 and HP does not offer drivers for Server 2003. Open the case, see the model number of components like the network adapter (Realtek) and visit manufacturer sites for drivers. If there are no drivers you're in bad luck, you'll have to use Windows7.

Now that wasn't too hard hard, was it? Blowhard!

ThomCove:mad:

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Why?, because computers should be only allowed to be used by people that can actually used them. Rest should stick to pen & paper & different hobbies
    I do not care how long you work with computers, but you should know that no matter how long it is, the learning never stops (at least it should not)

You can not seriously ask a person that has no clue, to open the case & read components numbers

So maybe your advice is not as clever as you wanted it to be...

So read the stickies & learn (still stands). If you do not want to, then do something else

sebus (with lower case s)

9. ThomCove

ThomCove MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    No, sebus (with lower case s), you drive a car, but you're not a mechanic. You use a computer, but you can't build a cpu. You eat, but you can't grow food. Computers are for everyone, not just guys like you who think they actually know something. I've probably forgotten more about computers than you've ever learned (I can tell you're fairly young, the young are always arrogant, and always a lot stupider than they think!). Even then I still know there's enough to learn to fill a hundred lifetimes.

What we know about anything is a relative thing. You may know more than another, but there's surely someone who knows more than you and can rightfully think you don't deserve to use a computer either. I know, I've met them, and I know you're not one of them because all the geniuses I've met were pretty damn humble. It's only morons who think they know more than everyone else.

The point is, you may be a pretty intelligent guy, but guys like you who flaunt their little bit of knowledge about one miserly little subject and say really stupid things like "computers should be only allowed to be used by people that can actually used them" should not drive a car, if they can't fix them, use a computer, if they can't build one, or eat if they can't grow their own food.

By the way, the above should properly read "computers should be only allowed to be used by people that can actually use them". Note the "use them", not "used them". By your definition, people who can't write grammatically correct sentences should not be writing at all, including you! Perfect specimens, like you, look pretty lame when they make a thoroughly stupid mistake.

So what I said also still stands. If you can't just answer a question with some kind of useful advice, why answer at all? You're obviously not doing it to be helpful, no one asked "where can I learn more about drivers?". This person obviously just needs to get his machine up and running, not be awed by your awesome intellect (at least awesome to you, if no one else). This other guy, Tito, actually gave a damned good answer (better than mine, I'll admit).

In short, jerks who think they're experts are still jerks, no matter what they think they know (usually much less than they think!). You fit the category to a tee.:worthy:

10. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    I don't know if the original poster of the thread it's still interested but he can install win2k3 enterprise edition R2 and use VLK key at installation. No activation required. As for drivers, those of Win2000 or WinXP Pro work just fine. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. andrew-s

andrew-s MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    Chill man, sebus did answer properly, the OP wanted activation help and sebus pointed him in the right direction. Take another look at what you did and maybe consider saying sorry to sebus, who has earned his guru stat:tooth:us by not being a jerk.