How to activate Windows XP with my legitimate OEM serial number on Toshiba computer?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tufffta, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tufffta

tufffta MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2012
    I'm lost in the information I found on the internet about Windows XP activation. I have a Toshiba laptop with preinstalled Windows XP Home (there's a recovery CD which automatically restores Windows with a thing like Northon Ghost or a similar program), so I have an OEM serial number. I would like to be able to borrow a CD image of Windows XP Home, so that I could install it clean without all these Toshiba addons, and be able to use it without cracks and without activating it over the phone or internet. Is this possible? What version of XP Home should I get and what should I do?

Also, what version of XP Professional should I use to make it activated by importing my Home's activation with RockXP or Token Manager (if there is such)?

I apologize, I'm pretty lame at all these things, and my computer is too slow to start trying every method myself...

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. tufffta

tufffta MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2012
    #3 tufffta, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    (OP)
    I'm sorry, but I'm lost here. First of all, I can't seem to find any links to ISOs in that original post in that thread. Second, I go to OEMBIOS download page (under the OEM Brands link in the page you proviced) and I read the instructions, but I still don't understand what to do with those files.

Let's assume I already have an untouched ISO of XP SP3 Pro - what do I do next? I have to download a corresponding file from The Windows XP OEMBIOS Archive and put it into the ISO file i386 directory, burn the CD, install and that's all - or is it not the end yet?

Now question: I have severl version of XP SP3 Pro - retail, VLK and OEM - which one should I use for this trick?

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Use OEM & yes, that is all you need to do to it, replace oembios* set with one corresponding to you SLP string

sebus

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You can also add the winnt.sif file to i386 folder.

6. TheVoid

TheVoid MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2012
    #6 TheVoid, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    I apologize for hijacking this thread but I have a similar question, also to do with an old Toshiba Laptop (Satellite a45-s151) that doesn't have the restore cd's that came with the computer. It has an OEM version of Windows XP Home installed, and I want to be able to use the OEM key on the bottom of the laptop to restore windows. I think the key is for Windows xp sp1, but not sure. I do NOT have the restore media that came with the laptop, and there is no recovery partition.

Which OEM version for this Toshiba laptop would i download so that it works, can someone please link me. Does it matter which Service pack version i use? It seems like the instructions above are for XP Pro but i would like to just keep XP Home to make things easier. Will it work with my OEM serial number?

Do i use an untouched version of windows xp home? What service pack - does it matter? Where can i get said version. Thanks so much.

Any help. THanks.

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #7 911medic, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...