how to activate xp service pack 3 32 bit??

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by IND, Oct 26, 2009.

1. IND

IND MDL Member

Jul 25, 2009
    hi,
    i just download windws xp professional 32 bit sp3 iso .
    how i activate ????:confused:
    any key or loader???

2. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    If it is a Retail Windows XP SP3 edition you have to activate it online. If you don't own a Windows Xp license, there are tools that "help" you activate it online. Wpa-kill is one.

If it is a Volume/Corp edition, it needs no activation.

If it is an OEM installation, the same thing as Volume/Corp ed.

3. IND

IND MDL Member

Jul 25, 2009
    i need a loader to activate .
    can u pls tell me where i can get that???

4. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #4 kukubau, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    What edition did you install? Retail or Corp?

The Corp ed. has this written inside SETUPP.INI

Code:
    [Pid]
    ExtraData=786F687170637175716954806365EF
    Pid=76487270
    There is no loader for Windows XP. XP is activated using other tools. WPA-KILL for Retail, Corp is already activated. If your getting those nag screens I presume you installed the Retail version.

5. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    #5 Suicide Solution, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Skip on the anti-wpa hacks as Windows Update may complain.

@kukubau, Thanks for the suggestion to help the member but years old "hacks" for XP are
    no longer of any use nor is a safe or long term activation method

They are better methods to activate XP without
    the need of generic hacks. I created the SLP How To sticky for this reason.

You need to convert ISO to a OEM SLP disk and use that method.

The files and directions needed to convert VLK or Retail ISO's to SLP are in the sticky at the top.

XP-Server 2003 does not require or make use of "loaders". To tell
    what version your ISO is, open the SETUPP.INI file, located inside the I386 folder,
    and look at the last 3 digits of the PID value.

270 = VLK
    OEM = OEM

Anything else will most likely be Retail.

Is your machine a OEM brand? Dell, HP, etc or is it a retail motherboard ?

Once we find that out you will know what files to download to edit your ISO.

6. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    #6 kukubau, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    I know that converting to OEM is the "way to go", but some, don't feel comfortable in
    flashing their bioses. That's why I suggested the "easy way".

7. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    #7 Suicide Solution, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Doesnt have to flash the bios, that is only for SLP 2.0-2.1 for Vista-Windows 7-Server 08.
    I'm all for the easy way as well but easy doesnt always mean better and activation isnt
    something you want to have to do over and over. Best way is to learn how to do it and all the tools to do it the best
    way are in the stickies. Its why I became a member here anyway..think my 1st post was sharing 2003 Server SLP files.

In 99% of the cases the users machine are a Royalty OEM vender anyway, so the bios are already setup for SLP activation
    if the machine came with XP new.

In the event the motherboard is retail, 99% of the time, those don't require a flash
    ither (ive had to flash two machines with SLP 1.0 data in the years ive known this method).

You use the DMI Boot disk ISO, which is in the sticky at the top, does anyone read these things?,
    and add a SLP string in the bios, it takes 5 seconds to apply a SLP string in the bios.

It cant be any easier than that.

Boot with DMI boot disk, press a key and done. He already has the Windows disk in
    ISO format, just open the ISO with any ISO editor, replace a couple of files, and use a SLP key during setup.

Method will pass everything and never give a problem down the road.

8. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I will agree, even though you don't need me to agree with you. :eek:

The methods you have posted in the stickies are simply the best way to go.. Out of the 6 PC's I have at home, all of them had either a Slic 1.0 or 2.0, even the custom built one, I didn't build it, and had a hell of a time tracking down the Board maker, but when I did, I found it was already Slic..

With the info in the stickies it was very easy to create a disk for each PC.. And they work with out problem, with no worry about Activation or WGA..

So just so you know, I do read the stickies, LOL, And would like to thank you guys for putting that info there.. It's really useful, easy and it works...

I know that wasn't what the post was really about, but I just read what you wrote and agree it really doesn't get any easier.. :)

9. Tangana

Tangana MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    well, im really new in these, i need help to activate 2 pc, 1 have an original license of XP Home Edition and i want to activate XP Proffesional and the other one is a custom build (intel motherboard). i have 1 original OEM cd of Xp Pro SP2 but i need another one, right? sorry but this is very confusing. if someone can help me i will appreciate it. thx