How to add SATA and ACHI drivers to a Windows XP iso with its original installation?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by TesterMachineOS, Jul 31, 2022.

1. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Senior Member

Apr 20, 2021
    How about guys, I need your help, how can I integrate sata and achi drivers for an original windows xp installation and which drivers should I choose to be able to install on various computers?

with this thank you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    You can safely integrate using nLite prepared driver in XP2ESD collection from plugins\drivers\x86\Ported\Generic_AHCI_1.0. It already comes with txtsetup.oem file to integrate it as TXTMODE driver :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    I plan to use it on an iso without xp2esd, no problem? I will only use nLite

4. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Yes, these drivers with txtsetup.oem are already prepared to be used in original setup method.

5. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
  6. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    It is also worth mentioning that the iso before the Generic_AHCI_1.0 driver had 2 universal intel drivers and silicon image

7. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    also in an original XP + the Generic Sata ACHI 1.0 driver I receive in virtual machine VMWare and VirtualBox the error code 0x00007B then after installing and going to the phase of "installing devices"

8. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Have you added needed addon with storport, storpor8 and ntoskrn8?

9. TesterMachineOS

Apr 20, 2021
    no, just place it as such, it is placed in ntlite, choose the TXTMODE mode driver and already... you had not mentioned that to me... where do I place it? It is for this way to test in an old PC and also in one a little more current